1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
pattyhh

Silver Dollar City Season Passes

What discounts do you get in the park with a season pass? Is the season pass worth it?
Old 05-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyhh View Post
What discounts do you get in the park with a season pass? Is the season pass worth it?
we don't have a pass for this year, but I can say from past experience if you went to the park 2 different times it was worth having.

the main discount we used within the park was for meals, I believe it was 10 percent off, helps with the high price of food. We also used our passes for a discount on the preferred parking lot.

outside the park there are other places that will give you discounts, a lot of them like the buy 1 meal half off second at Grand Country are in the coupon books around town but it is a lot easier to just pull the season pass out. I think one of the bigger savings we used it for was at the Comfort Inns, at least a year or two ago they were giving 20 percent discounts if you showed a pass when checking in.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

And the SDC Season Pass gives you a discount on the Showboat Branson Belle tickets.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Yes and if you personally cant use the feebie passes I have made more than a few paying guests day by letting them in free.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Yes and if you personally cant use the feebie passes I have made more than a few paying guests day by letting them in free.

The earlier in the year you buy passes, the better the "extras". But when ever you get them you get a discount on meals, a couple bucks off Dixie Stampede, some other discounts around Branson mostly for a couple bucks. The best I think is the 1/2 Noon, and 8:00PM Showboat Branson Belle discount. But it is for each pass holder only.
As soxter said, it's always nice to give someone your unused bring a friend passes. Not really much of a problem, just pick someone heading for the ticket booth, and offer to get them in free. All you have to do is go through the entrance turnstile with them. Sometimes it takes a little explaining, but when they realize it isn't some sort of scam thay are verry appreciative. I usually look for a young family that might be able to enjoy Branson a little more with some extra money in their budget.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
And the SDC Season Pass gives you a discount on the Showboat Branson Belle tickets.
Other than repeated visits to SDC, the Belle discount is the biggest benefit.. although this year it is 30.00, not 1/2 off as in previous years...
Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #8
justgohogs

Season passes are definitely worth it if you go more than once a year. Discounts on food and some merchandise. And for those folks like me who are "of a certain age", be sure to ask if there is senior discount. The worst thing that can happen is they say 'no'. They cannot ask you if you qualify for one.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
rcgnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
The worst thing that can happen is they say 'no'. They cannot ask you if you qualify for one.
Couldn't agree more with that first part -- ALWAYS ask -- what's the harm?

Now for that last part -- I'm not sure where you've heard that "They cannot ask if you qualify...", but that is certainly not true. Many places won't ask, but many places do and that is perfectly Ok (legally, for sure, and culturally in my opinion). Employers can't ask your age, and businesses can't ask about your medical issues, assistance animals, etc., with few exceptions. But age -- sure they can!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgnok View Post
Employers can't ask your age, and businesses can't ask about your medical issues, assistance animals, etc., with few exceptions. But age -- sure they can!
I don't know of any "legal" reason an employer can't ask your age.
However, it is a bad idea because even if you are not discriminating by age, there very well could be an assumption of that, which depending, could lead to problems. Exceptions would be if the job is age related such as a bartender.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 05-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #11
rcgnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
However, it is a bad idea because even if you are not discriminating by age, there very well could be an assumption of that, which depending, could lead to problems. Exceptions would be if the job is age related such as a bartender.
True, DD, my thought process, of course, was employers can't discriminate based on age, so general wisdom most employers follow is to not even ask, but even employers are allowed to ask

Good catch!
Old 05-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #12
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Isn't "senior pass" written on the season pass if indeed you are eligible?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Season passes are definitely worth it if you go more than once a year. Discounts on food and some merchandise. And for those folks like me who are "of a certain age", be sure to ask if there is senior discount.

Quote:
Isn't "senior pass" written on the season pass if indeed you are eligible?
Yes! A Senior pass, (62+) is marked "Senior". Don't remember exactly how much of a discount, maybe five bucks or so for the seasoned, season pass.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
OkieAnon

Quote:

some customers are also easily offended. ask a 54 year old if they are a Sr and at some point you get the one who will blow a fuse and say something like... do I look like I'm 55....

so I could see why a place like SDC might tell their employee's to not ask. you would almost have to do like Wal Marts, the guy in front of me the other day looked to be in his 60's and was checking out with a carton of beer and getting some cig's and they asked if he was over 18 and wanted his id. to keep from offending someone over a Sr discount you might have to ask everyone....
Old 05-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #15
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
some customers are also easily offended. ask a 54 year old if they are a Sr and at some point you get the one who will blow a fuse and say something like... do I look like I'm 55....

so I could see why a place like SDC might tell their employee's to not ask. you would almost have to do like Wal Marts, the guy in front of me the other day looked to be in his 60's and was checking out with a carton of beer and getting some cig's and they asked if he was over 18 and wanted his id. to keep from offending someone over a Sr discount you might have to ask everyone....
When I buy booze I just automatically pull out my ID. They seem to appreciate that---or at least they smile..

Closed Thread