1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

C of O Farmers Market

DW took me with her to the farmers market this AM..
She knows her produce and says they have some good quality stuff although today there were no tomatoes to be found. They have free coffee and a live cooking demonstration was underway.
I also noticed some good looking baked goods (alas no fried pies for Zach) and some meat products that looked like they would be worth a try sometime. A selection of nursery plants for your landscape as well.
All in all, looks like a good operation Of course, everytime I drive through those grounds I am impressed to the max, and am refreshed to see a college that really has it together.

Following breakfast at Panera Bread, it was nice to see the "dancing donut " was back at work. Had not seen her for several days

and it didn't rain

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Farmers' Market

We were there today too, but too late for the baked goods

I was hoping for a variety of vendors, (not to put down the fine work & great products of the students), but there were just not that many.

The herbs & plants from the college greenhouses & aquaponics program were top shelf and the veggies, while small were very appetizing.

Since I make my own jams, jellies & preserves I just looked at that table to be nosy.

I did buy a whole stick of summer sausage to snack on during the week.

I understand that there is a farmer's market in Branson on Saturday in the parking lot of the library that I intend to check out.

Yes, it is a bit early for tomatoes, (although I have a plant that has two nice ones starting to turn pink... hope I can keep the squirrels from taking bites out of them).

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 06-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Branson Tri-Lakes recently had an article about the farmers market:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...9bb2963f4.html
Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
bransonjayhawk

There are tomatoes out there now. We have a farm north of Branson, on F highway, that we sell our produce out of our barn. We have been picking tomatoes for a couple of weeks now. They are out of our high tunnel. It looks like a greenhouse, but we plant in the ground, so the tomatoes taste like "real" ones. Looks us up sometime. McKenna Family Farm.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
Trobaman
Go Chiefs !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonjayhawk View Post
There are tomatoes out there now. We have a farm north of Branson, on F highway, that we sell our produce out of our barn. We have been picking tomatoes for a couple of weeks now. They are out of our high tunnel. It looks like a greenhouse, but we plant in the ground, so the tomatoes taste like "real" ones. Looks us up sometime. McKenna Family Farm.
we will look you up thanks, is that all you sell tomatoes ? looking for fresh veggies got used to all the farmers markets in springfield hard to buy them at the store now just not as good IMHO

Closed Thread