1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

This coming weekend weather??

I'm afraid to get TOO excited....but what we are hearing all the way across Arkansas is there is a good possibility of wintry weather for Thursday and Friday in Branson....with even some of the "white stuff" that we hope to see on our every winter trip!

What I heard tonight was a "wintry mix" on Thursday night and Friday morning, turning into snow a little later...even said maybe a little accumulation as the ground may be covered with ice.

So...what do you locals hear...anything even close to what I'm hearing??

Man...I HOPE SO!! WOO-HOO!!...our most memorable trip was in Branson in the snow several years ago...something that neither my dear hubby nor I will EVER forget. We're hoping that we will get to experience a snowfall in that already breath taking place at least one more time! This weekend would be a GOOD time!!

SOOOO...what are the locals thinking...what do you all think the chances are?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

[QUOTE=PatiCake101;212595

SOOOO...what are the locals thinking...what do you all think the chances are?[/QUOTE]

100% chance of bone chillin cold
30% Chance of ice
10%Chance of snow.
Those are my guesses and I'm sticking with them
Old 11-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Well Patticake, you better run to the store!! If people up there are like the people down here, just a rumor of ice sends everyone to the grocery store to stock up on water, lamp oil, ice, cigs and stuff like that!! lol.. I used to work at Piggly Wiggly and some people would go crazy over the threat of this kind of weather!! I dont know if we are going to get any snow or ice in south Ark or not.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
phillip3225
Branson Resident

Now were under a winter storm watch. Also the weather service is saying this:

"The potential exists for a major winter storm to affect southeast Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks late Wednesday night into Thursday night. Unseasonably warm temperatures will persist into Wednesday while an arctic airmass gathers to the north. Drastically colder air will spill into the Ozarks region Wednesday afternoon into Thursday. Meanwhile, a storm system will organize and intensify as it moves into the region Wednesday night and Thursday. This system will interact with the cold air to produce a mix of wintry precipitation includng freezing rain, sleet and snow. Significant ice and snow accumulations will be possible. Stay tuned to the latest forecast from your National Weather Service in Springfield Missouri." http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crnews/displ...=4418&source=0

I'm ready!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
Grangie
Ultra Member

We are coming up Friday morning so once I get there I don't care what it does....just let me get there.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #6
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

PATTY TRY THIS WEBSITE. WEATHER FOR BRANSON WEEKEND.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...nav_undeclared
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

Grangie...my feelings exactly..we drive up Sunday the 3rd...we got caught a couple years ago and spent one extra day..was very bad to Springfield but I-44 west was O.K....hope you have a great trip.....don
Old 11-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I'm not looking forward to any of it. Just makes it worse to get in to work and this year Hubby is off on Thursday and Friday so even if they have snow removal - he won't have to come in! Lucky Dog! Oh well -- I'll make sure I take it slow and make it downtown.

Vickie
Old 11-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #9
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

I'm JEALOUS ...

They're calling for it to only be in the high 40's here on Thursday (on one station ... mid 50's on another) ... Whatever the case Thursday night it could get into the low 30's here in the Hill Country! Time to get the firewood split!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

We are leaving early Friday morning too, Grangie...I'm like you, I hope that we can just get there, then I would love to see some snow. We are staying thru Monday...but I can think of worse places to be snowed in!! It's already raining here...and supposed to turn really cold after this moves thru.

Let it snow..let it snow...let it snow!!

Don and Grangie...y'all have a safe trip....
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Please No

We have had good weather all year, except for occasional cold. On the weekwnd I am schelduled bot bring two van loads of senior adults from church it is scheduled to be bad. We are planning to leave Friday morning. I PRAY!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #12
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

On the news last night they said the worst weather would be "North of I-44", but you know how often they're actually right....
Old 11-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #13
Ms_Terese
Local Member

I'm supposed to be flying out of Springfield on Thursday around noon....home on Sunday....wouldn't mind too awful much if this nasty weather waited until Thursday night to get here!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #14
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

We are driving up EARLY Saturday morning, home Sunday noonish. I hope the roads are clear. We are seeing Daniel O'Donnell on Saturday afternoon and Phillip Wellford/Kirby Van Burch Saturday night! Good shows!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

From what I'm reading...looks like it will move in sometime Thursday night.

Heath...I suppose that since you are bringing 2 vans full of folks in for this weekend, I will stop wishing for snow. I know how much you have planned for this trip, and can imagine how much the seniors are looking forward to it.

(or...possibly it could snow just at SDC and on the Pointe Royale side of town..)

Closed Thread