1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Old 08-11-2002, 03:46 PM   #1
bgroman
Administrator

New Forum!

I had been planning to start a Eureka Spring forum for a while now and decided today that now is as good a time as any. I will add more specific forums as the traffic grows and the need arises.

basil
bgroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Hey, Great, Basil !

You are a busy fellow. We appreciate all the neat features you give us on the Forums.

Suselit
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 07:01 PM   #3
scissortail
~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks Basil!
scissortail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
cheri
Ultra Member

Thanks Basil! We're planning to go to Eureka Springs for the first time in about a week. I've been getting great information from the Branson Buddies, but having Eureka Buddies will only make it a better trip! Thanks for creating a new board for us!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 06:43 AM   #5
missmary
Ultra Member

I spend the weekend in Eureka a few weeks ago, I enjoy visiting there. The trollys are wonderful rides. It is soooo much better than trying to find a parking place. It only cost $3.00 for all day rides. Get on and off whenever you choose. They take you out to Thorncrown chapel, Passion Play, Cresent Hotel and everywhere in between. Even up and down the shopping street. Trolleys are a must. The food is usually good everywhere, like in Branson. They have lots of B & B's to stay in. Which are very comfy and reasonably priced. There are a few drawbacks to Eureka. If you're interested, e-mail me and I'll explain. All in All Eureka is a nice quiet place to relax. Think you'll enjoy it. I spent my honeymoon there. It was during the month of November, 14 years ago. When we went to bed, it was pouring rain. When we woke up it was snow covered and beautiful. Gotta go.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:11 AM   #6
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

This is one of our favorite day-trips from Branson.

I think we are going to plan a weekend in Eureka next year. There are so many neat places to visit, and (of course) eat! Just might have to go back for a whole visit instead of just a day trip. Love the place. Glad you added the extra forum.
VBeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 11:43 AM   #7
redcon1

Lightbulb

How about a forum for Springfield, Mo?

Thanks,
Redcon1
redcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 11:45 AM   #8
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

That is another good idea -- because we do get lots of questions for that area.

Maybe call it Springfield/Ozark area. We get a lot of questions about stuff in that area and since Lamberts falls inbetween the two and also get lots of questions about antiquing in the area. Think about it and we'll see what you can come up with.
VBeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 05:36 PM   #9
redcon1

Yes, I was actually thinking of the general Springfield area, not
necessarily just Springfield proper.
This can also include, if it's not too broad an area, Carthage with
the Precious Moments chapel.
It seems like many travelers, including my family, take in most of this area whenever visiting Branson, whether it's an overnight stay or stopping for a meal.

Redcon1
redcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #10
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up super

What a great Idea....!!!!

Branson has lots to offer ....coming in and going out......all of this can only BENEFIT Branson................as some of us who live on the way to Branson, can attest to.....
Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 04:54 PM   #11
egrogan

Talking

I live in Eureka Springs and I love it! I moved here from St. Louis in 1975 when I was in 8th grade....stayed and raised my children here. Great place to raise children, but you don't make much money - the sacrafice was well worth it because the school district is wonderful and the locals are great.

The economy comes and goes, as it does in any tourist town, but Eureka Springs always pulls through.

Come visit!!!!
egrogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #12
bgroman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by egrogan
I live in Eureka Springs and I love it! I moved here from St. Louis in 1975 when I was in 8th grade....stayed and raised my children here. Great place to raise children, but you don't make much money - the sacrafice was well worth it because the school district is wonderful and the locals are great.

The economy comes and goes, as it does in any tourist town, but Eureka Springs always pulls through.

Come visit!!!!
Glad to see a Eureka Springs local posting here. Hope you keep checking in to help out with the Eureka Springs questions.

Have a great week,

basil
bgroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:16 PM   #13
soonermagic31

What all does Eureka have to offer? I've never been there but would really love to go.
soonermagic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:50 AM   #14
Paradise Angel

Eureka Springs info

Thanks Basil, this is a new exciting forum. I have visited Branson 3 times, but have never made it to the Eureka Springs area. Had planned to drive down there for a day on our last trip to Branson, but there was a difference of opinion at the car rental agency, on whether we could take the rental car out of Mo. Do any of the bus tours, include day or overnight trips between Branson and Eureka Springs. I am anxious to learn more and hope the "Natives" from that area will help us out.
Paradise Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 02:32 PM   #15
egrogan

I'm glad you like Eureka Springs! My 12 year old daughter sings for Pine Mountain Jamboree. Her name is Hillary. Please come see her if you haven't seen her before.
egrogan is offline   Reply With Quote