1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
gary321916

Looking For Info About The Titanic Display

Can Some One Tell Where I Can Find Info About The Titanic Display Coming To Branson.thank You.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
Branson Mom
Just me

Here's their web adress - http://www.titanicbranson.com/
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks, BransonMom!

Wow, Look at this:

Check Out Our Progress as We Build the Titanic!
Titanic To Be Anchored on Hwy. 76

Coming in September you can be a witness to Branson history as you watch the day-to-day construction of the landmark Titanic Museum Attraction on our live, web cam.

• Marvel at the engineering complexity of a structure being built half-scale to the Titanic's original size.

• See the huge steel hull and towering funnels rise above the landscape.

• Stand back as foremast and crow's nest are positioned at the front of the ship.

• Watch as an ocean of water completes the illusion of the Titanic at sea.

Check back for the exact date our web cam will be in service.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I drove by there earlier today and their sign said "Open Fall 2005." So, whatever that means........ It didn't look like too much was getting done, but then I'm not an expert either.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

The last couple of times that I have been to Branson and gone by there, nothing had changed. I wish they would get it in gear and get it finished!

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 08-26-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Branson Mom
Just me

It does get frustrating and I don't know what their hold up has been, but with as much construction is going on around here, I've been thinking that it may take awhile for certain permits to be approved, inspectors to get scheduled, materials to be delivered. There is so much construction, that I would imagine, the inspectors' time is stretched thin and booked pretty far in advance. Permits have to be approved by planning and zoning and I don't think they meet every day. I would think if construction materials are purchased here in town, there may be a supply and demand issue as well. Not sure of any of this for a fact, but it does seem like from time to time construction on various projects does seem to come to a screaching halt for a time and then it starts up again. Makes sense that these things would play a part in it. I've had enough family members build houses to know that they don't always get completed on time.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #7
Branson Mom
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit
Wow, Look at this:

Check Out Our Progress as We Build the Titanic!
Titanic To Be Anchored on Hwy. 76

Coming in September you can be a witness to Branson history as you watch the day-to-day construction of the landmark Titanic Museum Attraction on our live, web cam.

• Marvel at the engineering complexity of a structure being built half-scale to the Titanic's original size.

• See the huge steel hull and towering funnels rise above the landscape.

• Stand back as foremast and crow's nest are positioned at the front of the ship.

• Watch as an ocean of water completes the illusion of the Titanic at sea.

Check back for the exact date our web cam will be in service.

You're welcome Suselit! Thanks for posting this. I didn't even look around tha site, just found the web address and posted it.(shame on me!) This will be really neat when they get the camera up and running!
Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I just read this in the on-line Branson Daily News

Titanic replica arrives in Branson

By Cliff Sain
BDN Staff Writer

More than 90 years after the Titanic disappeared under the cold waters of the Atlantic, it is surfacing in Branson.

"Titanic, the Legend Continues," located on 76 Country Boulevard at Gretna Road, is hoping for a November opening.

This week, crews were busy adding a display to the as-yet-uncompleted building. It's a 24-foot replica of the bow section of the Titanic as it appears today sitting on the bottom of the ocean floor. The replica was used in the filming of the movie Titanic, and belongs to director James Cameron.

"We will have 400 personal artifacts from the boat, many of them linked to individual passengers," said vice president Paul Burns.

The exhibit will feature a plethora of information and items about the legendary boat that met its fate on its maiden voyage after striking an iceberg on April 14, 1912. But Burns said the experience is intended to be more personal.

"Each customer will be issued a boarding pass with the name of one of the actual passengers. It will contain information about that passenger and his eventual fate," he said. "The whole story is very crew- and passenger-oriented."

One of the major displays is a replica of the grand staircase, which customers will be able to use to go between the first and second stories of the building.

Jim Langham, who owns the property, is excited about the new business.

"This is something new for Branson," he said. "I think this is the type of attraction that people will say, 'hey, let's go to Branson so we can see this.'"

Story created Aug 26, 2005 - 17:51:12 CDT.

November Opening

Last edited by Suselit; 08-27-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Think November is VERY optimistic. Maybe March?
Old 08-28-2005, 05:12 PM   #10
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Whenever it does open I think it will be a big attraction. I know my husband and I will go see it.

Closed Thread