1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
eiran

parrotville show

has anyone seen the Parrotville show in the Jim Stafford theater? was is good?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes, saw it last year. Was it good? Well, if you like Jimmy Buffett, you will really enjoy it, obviously. If you don't really care for him, you will probably still have a good time. And if you really DON'T like it, you can actually buy beer in Stafford's theatre, and drink enough until you DO enjoy it, ha!

But, seriously, it was a good, upbeat tribute to Jimmy Buffett music and the "laid back" sounds and vibes of the Key West thing....Only thing I kept thinking was, man, it they just served SLOPPY JOE'S at the concession stand, I could feel like I really was in Key West! (That joint has always been my favorite food/hang out spot when I have been down there). The cast is very hard working, and do endeavor to make sure their audience is having a great time.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yes, saw it last year. Was it good? Well, if you like Jimmy Buffett, you will really enjoy it, obviously. If you don't really care for him, you will probably still have a good time. And if you really DON'T like it, you can actually buy beer in Stafford's theatre, and drink enough until you DO enjoy it, ha!

But, seriously, it was a good, upbeat tribute to Jimmy Buffett music and the "laid back" sounds and vibes of the Key West thing....Only thing I kept thinking was, man, it they just served SLOPPY JOE'S at the concession stand, I could feel like I really was in Key West! (That joint has always been my favorite food/hang out spot when I have been down there). The cast is very hard working, and do endeavor to make sure their audience is having a great time.
You nailed it all perfectly!! Such a fun show!! I have taken friends who aren't extremely familiar with Buffett's music who enjoyed the show. And my ParrotHead friends have absolutely loved the show!

Last year, when I was selling show tickets for a company here in town, I had a couple come up, trying to figure out what they wanted to do. She saw the rack card for Parrotville and really wanted to see it. His comment was a very snooty "I've seen the REAL Jimmy Buffett several times. Why would I want to see a stupid "tribute" show?" I explained that they were not trying to sound like Jimmy, just paying homage to his great music, and finished up with "and if you've seen the real deal several times, you KNOW it's great music"! He finally looked at his wife and tells here that if she really wants to see it, he'll go. I sold them their tickets, and didn't bother telling them I already had plans to see it that night myself. Well, at half-time I hear someone calling my name from the audience. I turned around, and there was that same couple and he has a big smile on his face and is giving me two thumbs up and thanked me for sending them to this show as he was loving it!!

Also, it's no longer just beer and wine available at Jim Stafford Theatre. They also have Daiquiris, Margaritas, Jim Beam and Coke, shots of Fireball, Tequila, and several other choices as well. All of them are premixed, but definitely enjoyable for those who enjoy adult beverages! AND...with the addition of their new Tiki Bar and Parrotville Party Pier, the drinks are available from 6:30pm on throughout the show. No need to go out to the concessions stand if you want a drink during the show! Also, there are tables and chairs, as well as sofas, on the Party Pier - lots of options for seating, on a first come, first seated basis. So fun to just hang out up on the pier during the show!
Old 10-23-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Also, it's no longer just beer and wine available at Jim Stafford Theatre. They also have Daiquiris, Margaritas, Jim Beam and Coke, shots of Fireball, Tequila, and several other choices as well
Margaritas and Jimmy Buffett music. What a great combination!
Old 10-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Margaritas and Jimmy Buffett music. What a great combination!
Most definitely!

Closed Thread