Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #46
BMOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post
"Wow! I have a great view of the parking lot from up here."
why would you look at the parking lot when you could see for miles of Lake Taneycomo and all the pretty mountains north of town? I bet you are a blast to hang out with?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #47
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Just in time for the new building the landing is about to add on....

Now IF they had built it across taney on the mountain............

AND yes there should be some kind of a "roof" over the walkways, that afternoon sun get brutle!
have you tried to walk between all the buildings when it's raining, without an umbrella? You will get wet.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #48
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
AND yes there should be some kind of a "roof" over the walkways, that afternoon sun get brutle!
I've always referred to The Landing as "the world's largest tanning booth for men."

The women go inside shoe store after shoe store after shoe store while the men sit on the limited number of benches outside. It's really a brilliant concept.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #49
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
I've always referred to The Landing as "the world's largest tanning booth for men."

The women go inside shoe store after shoe store after shoe store while the men sit on the limited number of benches outside. It's really a brilliant concept.
Could be even more brilliant if a coin slot was installed on those benches..

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 08-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #50
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnchy View Post
Yay.....

What would be cool though, is if there was cover and shade from the rain for the whole length of the property. It's really nice that each of the stores has their own design and shape, and being an outdoor mall and all there's no roof, but how much more enjoyable visits would be if there wasn't intermittent periods of getting drenched when traveling between shops.
LOL. The innocence of youth. In the 60's, 70's, 80's the malls were all built open air. Then the big thing became the all enclosed indoor mall. Now, just like replacing all the 60's era "cookie cutter" Major League baseball parks with the new, retro look stadiums that look very much like the ones the cookie cutter parks replaced, the newest thing is the open air mall.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #51
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
1. Who doesn't like to sit there and watch the women walk past. Now that is great entertainment.
2. go sit on the river edge where its cool
3. get up and walk and MAYBE lose some of that weight? OH...that's what doctors are for. To fix your body when it breaks.
4. go down to bass pro and look around.
5. get a glass of tea in one of the cafes along the way where its cooler.
6. stay home so you don't have to bitch about being outside.
7. talk to the timeshare people and get the latest sales pitch
8. sit by the fountain its always cooler there
9. go with your wife to the stores and act like you care...it might pay off later that day. at least you are on your feet and moving that fat a**. lol...mine included. I always tell myself that..get up dumby...cant lose weight sitting here
10. go in belks and get a new shirt on sale. its cool in there and you need a new shirt anyway. if you got 10 all summer you would look better by fall.
1. Skip 1-4
2. Get a beer or two at Garfields
3. Skip 6-10
4. Bring some fishing tackle, and fish off one of the docks, or the sea wall.
5. Go back to Garfields for another beer or two.

There, narrowed it down to 5.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #52
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
1. Who doesn't like to sit there and watch the women walk past. Now that is great entertainment.
2. go sit on the river edge where its cool
3. get up and walk and MAYBE lose some of that weight? OH...that's what doctors are for. To fix your body when it breaks.
4. go down to bass pro and look around.
5. get a glass of tea in one of the cafes along the way where its cooler.
6. stay home so you don't have to bitch about being outside.
7. talk to the timeshare people and get the latest sales pitch
8. sit by the fountain its always cooler there
9. go with your wife to the stores and act like you care...it might pay off later that day. at least you are on your feet and moving that fat a**. lol...mine included. I always tell myself that..get up dumby...cant lose weight sitting here
10. go in belks and get a new shirt on sale. its cool in there and you need a new shirt anyway. if you got 10 all summer you would look better by fall.
1. Skip all steps except #6.

There, narrowed it down to one.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #53
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
LOL. The innocence of youth. In the 60's, 70's, 80's the malls were all built open air. Then the big thing became the all enclosed indoor mall. Now, just like replacing all the 60's era "cookie cutter" Major League baseball parks with the new, retro look stadiums that look very much like the ones the cookie cutter parks replaced, the newest thing is the open air mall.
I'm not against open air malls, when I worked on the landing it was a nice refreshing event, however I guess I'm a little more closely related to my canine counter-part then I originally thought, because i hate getting wet without my consent.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #54
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

The ONLY issue I have ever had with the open air malls is that they are "fair weather" malls, which is hard on the business's bottom line. As soon as inclement weather moves in, the shoppers leave NOW. Where enclosed malls are NICE places to be during thunderstorms, snowstorms, etc. Shortsightedness is driving this "new" concept of closing the indoor type of mall. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it, never fails, does it?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #55
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The indoor megamalls had their advantages, and disadvantages. Mall walkers can get their exercise in an envornmentally controlled enviornment. The same comforts also draws, or in the case of Crestwood Plaza(The Ultra Mall), in South West St. Louis county, Jamestown Mall in Far North county, and North West Plaza in North West St. Louis county drew(all three now closed, and abandoned) another elemant that wasn't there to shop. Shoplift maybe. Groups orroaming teenagers. Large groups acting up,some displaying gang colors, and flashinggang signs. Intimidating paying customers, and leading to the malls closure.
Of course I don't think Branson Landing would suffer the same demise.
What does make covering the Landing not feasible is the cost of the project in the first place. Covering the whole hotel/condo complex would probably cost many times what the original project cost.
Union Station is one such mall in St. Louis. I worked on it when the project went in. However the advantage in that situation was the entire project was built under the existing roof of the old train station.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #56
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

OK, so since we're on this topic, how about this idea? Let's do the Branson Landing mall walkway with a Viva Vision canopy, just like the Fremont Street experience is (old town) Las Vegas. While it is not waterproof, it would be a covering of some limited sheltering, but more important than that, it would draw LARGE crowds to the Landing, as does Fremont Street, just to watch in awe the light show over their heads. Then, in between the lightshows, go shopping for half an hour, supporting the various stores, then, quickly back to see another fab light show. Come on Branson Landing movers and shakers (HCW?), lets do something COOL and original in this area. It WOULD work.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #57
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
OK, so since we're on this topic, how about this idea? Let's do the Branson Landing mall walkway with a Viva Vision canopy, just like the Fremont Street experience is (old town) Las Vegas. While it is not waterproof, it would be a covering of some limited sheltering, but more important than that, it would draw LARGE crowds to the Landing, as does Fremont Street, just to watch in awe the light show over their heads. Then, in between the lightshows, go shopping for half an hour, supporting the various stores, then, quickly back to see another fab light show. Come on Branson Landing movers and shakers (HCW?), lets do something COOL and original in this area. It WOULD work.

GREAT idea! And I know exactly how to pay for it!!! Institute a tax on campgrounds, fishing tackle, and boating fuel.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #58
BMOMAN

Quote:
Love the idea, unfortunately people go down there to walk around with a beer and gamble. Neither allowed in Branson.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #59
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
I don't think Branson is quite ready for a full blown Fremont Street experience just yet, but a lot of what happens there could happen here.
They have lots of very good music the full length of the street and the costume characters are cool as well. Saw several amazing artists working also. The city is working to limit the amount of booze on the street.
I'm not sure "all" of the costumed characters would go over here, but most would.

Best sax player I've ever heard.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 08-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #60
rcgnok

Quote:
...just like the Fremont Street experience is (old town) Las Vegas. ...
Quote:
... lets do something COOL and original in this area. ...
Wait, how can it be original if it is just like the Freemont Street experience

Closed Thread