1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Exclamation Isn't it curious

Stories on the local news about new "security measures" being implemented at Branson city hall. Metal detectors, bag and body searches, all in the name of safety and security, of course.

Makes me wonder if there have been specific threats toward political office holders recently or perhaps to the physical plant.

It occurs to me that this is a great way to dissuade folks from attending public meetings in case of "controversial" decisions by the various public bodies.

Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right or ability of people to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue, and defend their collective or shared ideas.

The United States Constitution explicitly provides for 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances' in the First Amendment.

Somehow this new policy seems an impediment to freedom of assembly.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
Stories on the local news about new "security measures" being implemented at Branson city hall. Metal detectors, bag and body searches, all in the name of safety and security, of course.

Makes me wonder if there have been specific threats toward political office holders recently or perhaps to the physical plant.

It occurs to me that this is a great way to dissuade folks from attending public meetings in case of "controversial" decisions by the various public bodies.

Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right or ability of people to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue, and defend their collective or shared ideas.

The United States Constitution explicitly provides for 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances' in the First Amendment.

Somehow this new policy seems an impediment to freedom of assembly.
They have had metal detectors and searches here at our city hall for at least 10 years now here in Wichita. No one seems to have any issues about getting to city council meetings here, and we have had some heated meetings.
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Facts are stubborn things - John Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
They have had metal detectors and searches here at our city hall for at least 10 years now here in Wichita. No one seems to have any issues about getting to city council meetings here, and we have had some heated meetings.
Wichita Assaults (per 100,000) 1,344 (386.4) 1,437 (403.5) 1,990 (558.7) 2,533 (708.8) 2,519 (703.1) 2,301 (634.6) 2,439 (663.4) 2,283 (605.8) 2,197 (571.0) 2,123 (549.4) 2,338 (604.9) 2,730 (700.3) 3,144 (803.3)

SOURCE: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ta-Kansas.html

Branson Assaults (per 100,000) 60 (978.2) 49 (812.2) 72 (1,145.4) 52 (817.0) 130 (1,841.1) 117 (1,560.8) 116 (1,532.0) 102 (1,318.9) 104 (1,206.4)

SOURCE: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html

So, based on percentage statistics there are more assaults in Branson, but the questions are; 1) Does the fact that Branson has tourist traffic of 8 million + skew the result? (I'm sure Wichita is a wonderful place to visit, but doubt they would draw that many tourists), and 2) How many assaults have been attempted by attendees to public hearings in both towns?

I realize that, for the most part, we are not aware of nor do we demand respect for the Constitution as the basis for all law. However, there is this little part of that document that seems to be ignored with this new procedure;
Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968) found that; The Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures is not violated when a police officer stops a suspect on the street and frisks him or her without probable cause to arrest, if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime and has a reasonable belief that the person "may be armed and presently dangerous.

It was Benjamin Franklin who said; "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Something to ponder.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 02-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Tort...you gotta realize that the "guvment" would be VERY INCONVIENENCED if they were forced to abide by not only the Original Intent "spirit", but also the "letter" of the Supreme Law, ie the Constitution of these united States and it's enabling Bill of Rights!

So, the Supreme Court is constantly "loaded" to be able to find "infringements" upon both the "letter" and the "spirit" of said Supreme Law...with no regard to Original Intent, which our Forefathers, who penned said document, admonished We the People to always use as a guide in regard to debates and/or practical aspects of that document.

We have elected so called "Representatives" for ourselves, and "Senators" for our State's representation, to supposedly safeguard us, our State, and our laws against transgression by government....for decades....who actually swear an Oath to do such duties...who then immediately, after assuming office, willfully and intentionally VIOLATE that sacred document and their Oaths of Office.

The solution? I think it's too far gone to ever change on a national level...maybe a county within a state can do it, then eventually maybe a State...but I do not ever see Original Intent abiding of our Constitution and Bill of Rights on a national platform. You gotta remember, government is GOOD FINANCIAL BUSINESS to our so called Represenatives and Senators...who go in for the most part as lower middle class income individuals, and leave after several years as either outright multi millionaires, or with very lucrative financial employment elsewhere as government "consultants" or such. And do you really think anyone wants this to change, to a more strict, structured, RESTRICTIVE, career, with diminished financial rewards? No way! This is what is now knows as the entrenched "DEEP STATE".

So...no doubt Branson City Hall will get it's government police operated SEARCH mechanisms in place, and you WILL be searched WITHOUT Probably Cause or Reasonable Suspicion, or any of those Original Intent mandates...and no one except a few so-called "malcontents" will complain...after all, it's such a MINOR infringement....(sarcasm)....
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Exclamation Double Plus Ungood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Tort...you gotta realize that the "guvment" would be VERY INCONVIENENCED if they were forced to abide by not only the Original Intent "spirit", but also the "letter" of the Supreme Law, ie the Constitution of these united States and it's enabling Bill of Rights!

So, the Supreme Court is constantly "loaded" to be able to find "infringements" upon both the "letter" and the "spirit" of said Supreme Law...with no regard to Original Intent, which our Forefathers, who penned said document, admonished We the People to always use as a guide in regard to debates and/or practical aspects of that document.
You are obviously a very dangerous individual leftsaidted. Your post doesn't conform to "rightthink" and the "Bill of Rights" of which you speak was long ago consigned to the memory hole.

Last year I wrote a book about that document entitled "A Republic, if you can keep it" in paperback and also available at Amazon.com as an E-Book. It is written from the standpoint of original intent and contains many things no longer taught in our schools.

Funny that you should mention the "Deep State" as I write a blog entitled "Tales from the Deep State" that you might get a chuckle or two out of.

Stay revolutionary my friend.

---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 02-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
jap114

Any chance it is their interpretation of the whole Federal ban on firearms in courthouses issue?
jap114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Angry "Legal" is what the sovereign says...more or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap114 View Post
Any chance it is their interpretation of the whole Federal ban on firearms in courthouses issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted
"you gotta realize that the "guvment" would be VERY INCONVIENENCED if they were forced to abide by not only the Original Intent "spirit", but also the "letter" of the Supreme Law, ie the Constitution of these united States and it's enabling Bill of Rights!"
I'm sure they will have some argument to justify their actions, but per leftsaidted's post to follow the letter and intent of the Constitution would be most inconvenient... for the "governing master class".

---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

I know many people's eyes cross when talk of our Constitution and Bill of Rights are mentioned, as THAT history that relates to their formation, and the reasons for the Forefathers insistence that it be the Supreme Law of the land, but for simplicity's sake, the easiest thing to understand about what it says and doesn't say is this:

The entire document tells the GOVERNMENT what it CAN and CANNOT do, period. Nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE in that Inspired Document, is there any mention, reference, inkling, or rule about what WE THE PEOPLE are NOT allowed to do! Instead, it is plainly a strict, black and white, no guesswork, easy to ready and understand, "rule book" that severely LIMITS and/or DENIES the Federal government's powers OVER the PEOPLE!

And after writing all these rules that for the most parts DENIES the government from assuming too much power over the People, the Framers inserted the 10th Amendment, giving WE THE PEOPLE absolute authority and power over any other question of power that the Founding Fathers did not directly specify within said "Rule book".

So with that basic understanding, it is obvious how the corrupt powers within government over the decades have completely reversed the rules of this country, in which THEY in government now tell WE THE PEOPLE what we can and cannot do, and allow themselves in GOVERNMENT to do whatever they wish, whenever they wish, with no regard to the restrictions put upon them via the Supreme Law, ie the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote