1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
OkieAnon

For Those that live in or have been to Branson since Covid

I imagine there are others sitting around thinking about going or not like my family is and wondering what to expect.

Masks... are people running around in masks everywhere? are there businesses or attractions like mini golf and go karts that require masks to enter?

Hotels.... are there any changes? I read there were a few hotels in Oklahoma requiring advance time reservations to get into the pool, I read online a lot of the chain places aren't serving the cont breakfast, not that I care that much about the breakfast but might bring a few extra's if know in advance it's not available.

shopping and attractions.... we know at least for now the big one SDC is closed but what about all the smaller ones, the mountain coasters, mini golf, museums, craft shops, Tanger, Landing ect ect.... open or waiting on SDC?

I know others planning probably have questions in the back of their mind what if and when to go, feel free to ask them.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I was there last week. Tuesday~Saturday. Mostly fishing, but I did get out, and around. Some Go-Kart tracks, and bumper boat places were open over the weekend. Same with mini golf places. Most hotels were open. The large, national chain restaurants like Olive Garden, Longhorn, AppleBee's, and Cracker Barrel, and Shoney's were open. Ruby Tuesdays, and Bob Evans was not. Dannas, Pickin Porch Grill, and Scooters Sports Grill were open. Farmhouse was only open Thursday~Sunday. Bass Pro was open, and altgough I didn't go anywhere else on the Landing it looked like it was all open. Including Paula Dean's that I could see from the parking lot was open. Tanger Outlet Mall was open, and pretty buisy Friday. The Apple Tree Craft Mall was open, but it looked like the other two big ones were not. Branson Craft Mall where Pickin' Porch Grill is was open. A few shows were open by Friday, and several more opening this week. Pasghetti's, Fall Creek Steakhouse, Great American Steak and Chicken, and Burger Shack were closed. But I heard they were opening over the weekend. McFarlain's, Montana Mikes, and Florentina's had signs saying they will open in July. Including not only McFarlain's, but the entire IMAX complex. Crowds were low, but there was still a wait of almost an hour for a table at Longhorn because of thge redued occupancy, and social distancing requirement. The Ferris Wheel, and the other big tower rides were operating Friday night.
Most, if not all servers, casheers, and other workers were madked. Maybe 25% of the customers were. The wife went to Layne Briant in Tanger, and was told she was required to wear a mask in the store.
All in all everything is slowley coming back, and I don't think there is any reason not to go.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

It's been two weeks ago, but I had some shopping I needed to do and went to Branson- Tanger stores were requiring mask at that time. Some Tanger stores were not open (many in fact). Belk was not requiring mask.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:09 AM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Very few, and I mean VERY few people now wearing masks as of yesterday/today, thank goodness. No business I have been in has eeqyluired them during the last week. I've been in Cracker Barrel, Farmhouse, Famous Dave's bbq, Cantina Laredo, Saltgrass steakhouse, Andy's frozen custard, Lowes, Home Depot, Bass Pro, Dicks 5/10, both Walmarts...Dicks and Cantina Laredo still have all their employees still wearing masks,that's about the only places offhand that do, that I've noticed.hmm..maybe Lowes dont remember.farmhouse now open 7 days per week, btw, yea!! But come on into Branson...the water's fine...as it has been since Dec 2019!!!
Old 06-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

n95 mask will protect you from others that basically don't care.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
I prefer to stay away from the Covidiots.

Coach Man.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #7
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Sadly I have to agree with you Coach Man. This is deadly stuff. Maybe people in denial just haven't experienced a dear loved one going through this and dying. I am not prepared to take chances with my health. Masks and precautions don't hurt anyone and may save a life.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Gosh, even the rioters are wearing masks---or is that for another reason perhaps??

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
Old 06-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #9
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Hehe. Good one! But surely these law abiding, good productive, hard working, patriotic citizens are ONLY wearing masks to protect their fellow Americans who they obviously care so much about from the dreaded Wuhan virus...surely there can be no other reason...
Old 06-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Maybe people in denial just haven't experienced a dear loved one going through this and dying.
You mean the one half of one percent of the people who were diagnosed? Including all the ones that already had one foot, and two hands in the grave with other serious, life threatening health issues that were reported as Covid-19 victims?
Or do you mean the three one hundredths of a percent (.03%) OR 3/100% of the total US population?
Old 06-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #11
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Only if it's fitted, and doesn't have air leaks.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:19 AM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

330,999,000 Americans did NOT die of Covid-19 yesterday!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Three hundred thirty million nine hundred ninety nine thousand sixty seven americans did not die of covid-19 yesterday!

Closed Thread