1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #1
mikee
Ultra Member

Smile Too quiet here

Did all the members here die of the virus? Let us know what you are doing if you are still alive. I would like to know what is going on in Branson.

Last edited by mikee; 05-23-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 05-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
craftemp
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Did all the members here die of the virus? Let us know what you are doing if you are still alive. I would like to know what is going on in Branson.
Still alive in New Jersey... doing what most others are doing, cleaning closets, reading, watching Netflix, etc. I am in Bergen County... after New York City, we are the hotspot. Things are calming down a bit. My particular town has not had a reported case of the virus since May 8th. Four died in my town
Old 05-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
Grangie
Ultra Member

I am here in south Arkansas, patiently waiting to come to Branson.It can't come soon enough.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Patiently waiting in Texas for our trip around July 4th.
Our daughter arrived in Branson late last week and will be there until after opening night of The Haygoods. Just a little envious.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
Old 05-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
engel
Super Ultra Member

Still here in Arkansas

Because of different family problems, plus the virus, no travel. Currently I'm dealing with a ruptured cornea, so not seeing well. Before this, the highlight of some weeks was doing the curbside grocery pickup at Wal-Mart! Pathetic, ain't it? Makes going through what seems like a bazillion pictures a little hard. Still dealing with the loss of my husband. My youngest daughter -in-laws made a beautiful arrangement for his gravesite, with a wooden plaque that read Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite. It was stolen. She made a second one with a toy replica of a red air conditioned tractor we had on the farm. It was stolen. She just placed a third, featuring American flags. Hoping third time's a charm.
Still hoping to get back to Branson someday.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
Baldwin

Wanting to go to Branson, all the planting for now is done, just don't know if it would be safe to go.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
mikee
Ultra Member

Still in Arkansas

Hope the 3rd. one is a charm. People can be so disgusting to steal something like that. My wife died a couple of weeks ago after a 10 year battle with Alzheimers. I am so relieved to know that she is in a better place. Hang in there , you can make it. HOpe you will be able to get back to Branson some time.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #8
engel
Super Ultra Member

Sad

So sorry for the loss of your wife, Mikee! I hope you're taking care of yourself. I think the loss of a spouse is second only to the loss of a child which, thankfully, I've never had to deal with.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:45 PM   #9
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Engel and Mikee,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Thinking of you both, and your families.

Respect!

Coach Man.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #10
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Quoted: "Wanting to go to Branson, all the planting for now is done, just don't know if it would be safe to go". Well, the stats show that you are FAR MORE LIKELY to die in the drive to Branson, or working on the farm in a tractor/agriculture accident, that dying from the Chinese Wuhan Covid-19 virus. So CAREFULLY drive to Branson, then relax and enjoy yourself fully!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Finally made it back to Branson this afternoon, after being gone since December 2019. Not much going on, I had expected it to be busier. Flew into XNA, drove straight to Cracker Barrel for early dinner, 5pm. Easily quiet and mostly empty. About a dozen people besides me. I soon realized after i walked to my table that’s I was the only “goob” wearing a mask....other than the wait staff. Hard to get used to going without it after being forced to wear one for the last two months whenever in a public/private building. Plus was mandatory to enter both airports I was in, and the two planes, for my flight across the country from the left coast. Took it off after realizing it was NOT required, so nice! First inside sit down meal at a restaurant I had had in about two months, was very enjoyable.

Tnen drove down the strip, could easily drive 40-50 mph if desired as NO traffic to speak of. Several business’s still closed, it appeared. But no matter, it was great to be back in town once again.

Went to the Landing, Bass Pro in particular, since where I have been for the last several months, the store there has been closed since mid March. Not many people inside shopping, felt like i had the store entirely to myself. Checked out a few new lures for this year I have been reading about. Walked the Landing a couple times, looking for new and/or closed business’s. Bought a tiny bit of ice cream at Cold Stone, as am saving up the calorie count for tomorrow, at Andy’s, which I was happy to see was open up on the Strip. Not many people at all walking the Landing, I am hoping it was because of the rain showers that were occurring. Hope for a busy day for the stores down there tomorrow, or Friday, after the rain ends tomorrow evening, as forecast.

Gonna have breakfast at the Farmhouse in the morning, catch up with a few people I know there. Was planning on seeing one of my favorite “small” shows tomorrow, but checked and that theater is still closed. Also noticed Legends is apparently still closed, as the Lineup of performers on the marque is blank. Hoping it gets up and running soon. So will think about some other show to attend, most likely will check out Yakov’s soon.

All in all, a pleasant relaxing afternoon/evening spent back in good old Branson.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #12
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Farmhouse open for business, tables spaced out from each other for required "social distancing". Each table also has a spray bottle liquid hand sanitizer for customers to use if they want. Face masks not required, yea! Food was great, as usual there. All staff in very pleasant mood. Moseyed into Dicks 5/10, all employees wearing masks, so out of respect for them, I put mine on while there. Picked up a couple items for a nephew's birthday. The store isles seemed a little wider...I think they have moved some shelves...possibly? More peoplecwalkingbthe Boardwalk early this morning, 7ish...also quite a few in the store area, ready to shop it appeared. All great to see. Branson is OPEN for business, and I love seeing that! Now, going to get the kayak/fishing gear ready, and hit a couple small rivers next week after rains have stopped and runoff slowed for some late spring smallie fishing. So nice to be FREE once again. God Bless America and our Liberty. Was fed up with being forced to live as the Chinese, Rooskies, North Koreans, North Vietnamese, and Czechs have/ did for decades!

Closed Thread