1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #16
Kalt
The Cold One

I've been saying that there needs to be more entertainment options downtown for years. Sure, there are a few old time shows but they're in small theaters with lower production values.

I'm sure whoever gets a bowling alley/arcade/etc downtown first will rake the cash in.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #17
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
I've been saying that there needs to be more entertainment options downtown for years. Sure, there are a few old time shows but they're in small theaters with lower production values.

I'm sure whoever gets a bowling alley/arcade/etc downtown first will rake the cash in.
Arcade!!!! I wonder how hard it would be to talk the owners of 1984 to open a second location??
Old 08-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #18
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnchy View Post
Arcade!!!! I wonder how hard it would be to talk the owners of 1984 to open a second location??
That's what Dave and Buster's is...a restaurant plus a HUGE arcade/gaming area. The one in KC out by the race track is always busy.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
That's what Dave and Buster's is...a restaurant plus a HUGE arcade/gaming area. The one in KC out by the race track is always busy.
Dave & busters kinda has that incredible pizza feel. That you put money on a card, and then they adjust the game prices based on how much money is currently in the digital pool. I'm not sure if they're like that, but I'd rather have a store that charges me a flat rate to play games for an hour or two, rather then by the game.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
Chittlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I'll add my . This will probably get me hooted off the board with derision but you know me... I put up with it.

How about somewhat upscale bowling? It would give people something fun to do on The Landing without competing with what is available on the Strip. Places like that are becoming quite popular in the U.S., including at Downtown Disney at Disney World. I don't believe that facility is actually owned by Disney but by a chain... Disney is now subcontracting most of the Downtown Disney locations to outside vendors.

Check it out:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...y/splitsville/

P.S. Yes, I guessed right... it is a chain. I searched the Google and this is the corporate website.

http://www.splitsvillelanes.com/
Upscale and for adults check out King Bowl also with an Orlando location. Google Image serch lounge bowling. Lots of this is stuff I've proposed for a Celebration City revamp and having just returned from the Texas gulf, a land based Kemah Boardwalk attraction like area would be great for CC because its a mix of restaurants and ala carte rides thats per ride or wristband. Rainforest Cafe is a Landry's property along with TRex, Bubba Gump and Aquarium restuarants and a dozen more.Yes, thats the same company that has Landry's Seafood in Branson.

Malco Theaters are seemingly going big on Bowling/FEC and Theater combo developements.

Last edited by Chittlins; 08-04-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #21
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

I've always thought a roller skating trail would be nice, on the Landing. Walking/jogging is so popular on the boardwalk, I really think people would like it. They'd have to have skate rentals ('cause who has their own, these days), but there's more opportunity for profit. I would do it!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnchy View Post
Dave & busters kinda has that incredible pizza feel. That you put money on a card, and then they adjust the game prices based on how much money is currently in the digital pool. I'm not sure if they're like that, but I'd rather have a store that charges me a flat rate to play games for an hour or two, rather then by the game.
Check the link I gave. That's what D&B does. You win tickets at the games that you cash in for prizes. Not all that great of prizes any more, but still fun. At most locations minors are only allowed with a parent, or guardian over 25 years old. And after 10:00 PM not at all. Making it an adult Chuck E Cheese after 10:00 PM with a full service bar, and much better food!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #23
OkieAnon

which list is more realistic, what's been posted in the first 4 pages of this thread or.....

shoe store
fudge shop
overpriced home décor
shoe store
time share
cheap jewelry shop
another shoe store
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #24
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Talking Multi-purpose is the way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
which list is more realistic, what's been posted in the first 4 pages of this thread or.....

shoe store
fudge shop
overpriced home décor
shoe store
time share
cheap jewelry shop
another shoe store
How about an overpriced combination shoe store and cheap jewelry shop that also sells "made in Vietnam" home decor and has a fudge counter that will sell you a time share and an $18 greasy hamburger?

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #25
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Something to consider too:
What on the landing has survived for several years? When I look at the battlefield mall, there's always one or two or four inlines empty, and when I go to the landing, there's at least a couple of kiosks empty, and a few inlines as well.

Wouldn't it be better to get type of corporate stores in the inlines that do well?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post

shoe store
fudge shop
overpriced home décor
shoe store
time share
cheap jewelry shop
another shoe store
Hey, I said shoe store.
Quote:
1. Return of the Red Wing Outlet store that was in the Red roof mall.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #27
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

One of these might be a success on the Landing http://www.puttingedge.com/
I think Grand Country is the only indoor mini golf. But how about a "glow in the dark" indoor mini golf.
I WORKED ON ONE OF THESE AT St. Louis Mills. Really cool, the football's are neon colors, the course is all outlined with neon colors, the walls, and ceiling are black, and the only lighting during normal operation is black lights making everything glow in the dark

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 08-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
I think Grand Countri is the only indoor mini golf. But how about a "glow in the dark" indoor mini golf.
There is already glow in the dark indoor mini golf in Branson.
http://www.familyfunfactorybranson.c...ture-golf.html
Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #29
BMOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
One of these might be a success on the Landing http://www.puttingedge.com/
I think Grand Country is the only indoor mini golf. But how about a "glow in the dark" indoor mini golf.
I WORKED ON ONE OF THESE AT St. Louis Mills. Really cool, the football's are neon colors, the course is all outlined with neon colors, the walls, and ceiling are black, and the only lighting during normal operation is black lights making everything glow in the dark
There was a glow in the dark mini golf course already down here for a year. They were a temp tenant next to victoria secretes. It wasnt huge by any means but still fun. Not sure how they did
Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #30
Hollywood
Administrator

So WHEN is the Buffalo Wild Wings suppose to be done? What a mess. They gutted the entire inside. Now there are no doors on part of it, they have a huge dumpster overflowing with trash, the railing is tore up...sad. In the past they have built a wood enclosure to show construction is being worked on. I walk at the evening several nights during the week and it is an eyesore. If I owned Parakeet Pete's I would sue them for it being a mess and that customers had to try to enjoy the zipline with that mess. I usually try to stay positive, but this has been going on long enough.

Closed Thread