1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Progress at Landing Branson Landing

http://www.bransondailynews.com/arti...news/news4.txt

Progress made at Landing

By Cliff Sain
BDN Staff Writer

Work continues to move forward on Branson's downtown retail and convention center project.

According to Jim Martin, of the Benham Companies, the firm overseeing construction, the retail portion of Branson Landing is making progress. The project will contain more than 100 shops, two hotels, a town square, a boardwalk and a convention center. The project is expected to open in stages between April 2006 and April 2007.

Martin said that work on Belk department store, one of two "anchor" stores, is progressing rapidly.

"The steel has arrived and the braces have been attached," Martin said.

Several of the other buildings in the retail portion are already up and visible to passers-by. Construction on the other anchor store, a Bass Pro Shops, has not begun, but officials are still predicting the business will be ready in June.

The Branson Landing Web site lists 60 businesses that have executed leases. Among those newest businesses are C.J. Banks, featuring women's apparel in larger sizes; a Bass Pro Shops restaurant, Islamarada Fish Co.; a Hilton restaurant, Liberty Tavern; Big Popper; Five & Dime General Store; and Oh My Godard Gallery.

This week, Alderman Ron Huff said he was concerned that, from looking at where the buildings are going up, that people will not be able to see Lake Taneycomo, a town square and a large water fountain display from Main Street.

"When I come down Main Street and I expect to see a wide-open town square, I see columns," Huff said. "Is it off center? Are we still going to have a beautiful view from Main Street to the fountain?"

Martin said the town square is not lined up exactly with Main Street, but that there will still be good visibility from Main Street to the lake.

Story created Sep 17, 2005 - 06:30:30 CDT

Closed Thread