1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Lizkiddo

REVIEW: Table Rock Marina

Can't believe I let us get taken by these people.

We rented a fishing boat from them in July 2005 - they showed us all of the scratches on the hull of the boat.

After our outing on the lake, when they pulled us into the dock, they immediately pulled the engine out of the water to "discover" a $65 scratch on the propeller.

Once our "deposit" was deducted, they pulled the boat up to the slot it came out of and was cleaned - ready for the next sucker. (Note that the boat was not taken to a "repair dock.")

My suggestion is to take pictures of every part of the boat before renting it - better yet, find a better, more reputable marina to rent from.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
pamh

oh my goodness, we are leaving friday for Branson and renting a boat was one thing that we were definitely going to do...any more advise? we have a boat but we will be pulling our rv and we dont like to pull the boat that far behind the camper. please help me with anything more as we have never rented a boat before. thank you
Old 07-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
tidymom

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them, we've been there twice in the last 2 years (just got back last weekend) and we've never had any kind of problems - we've rented waverunners, went parasailing and Spirit of America.

Does make sense to document and sign papers pointing out apparent damage before leaving though.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

Hi pamh !!! Man !!! sounds like they had a veeeeeeeeeery bad experience ! I'm sorry to hear that Lizkiddo.........Uhhhhhh the only thing I can toss in is...we rented a boat from them and found them very friendly and I went over the boat with a fine tooth comb and told the dock person everything i found.......even the smallest of scratches.........but it sounds like to me that Lizkiddo had another type of experience. What can I say ????? What can YOU do ??? I can say that from OUR experience they were "nice" people to deal with and very "honest"....Lizkiddo will disagree with me of course, but i think maybe something else happened ? Pamh.... email me on a personal matter if you wish.....and Lizkiddo...i'm sorry that you had a BAD exoerience with them.....we found them to be very kind and helpful
Old 07-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
tae woman

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience with them. I know these people personally and my husband does prop work for them. They are reputable and honest people.

When renting a boat, you must note every scratch, tear or any other damage. You sign a paper that says what damage was there prior to you taking the boat out. That means you must look for any other damage that might have been missed. I used to "rent" boats and my experience is that the people were so anxious to get out on the water, they didn't look the boat over properly. I made them, but that is not the dock hands responsibility it is the renters responsibility.

Did you look at the prop and lower unit prior to going out???

The prop/lower unit is the one thing on a boat that gets beat up. You might run over a stump and not even know it, (which is why they ask you to stay at least a couple hundred feet away from shore) especially in fishing boats where you fish close to the shore.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #6
Branson Mom
Just me

Keep in mind,
Lizkiddo, has never posted here, only added a review. So we may not hear back from them.
A business can't make everyone happy and I'm sure there are people who have been unhappy with their experience with them. It's unavoidable.

Pamh, be sure to run a search here on the board for the company name, hopefully it will help you make an informed decision about them.

Closed Thread