1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
okie78

Review: April 17-19

Our first stop on Friday afternoon:
CHESTERS: I had the fried chicken and greens salad with homemade ranch dressing, DH had the Perry stuffed burger and we had an appetizer of onion rings. It was all great! The onion rings were fabulous, no grease on the plate and were served with homemade ranch as well. I wasn't sure DH could finish his burger but he did and said it was excellent! Great service and we had just missed the lunch rush. Talked with Perry and he's familiar with this board. Cost was $36. I give it a 10 and will definitely go back!

Dinner was on the
BRANSON BELLE: We were served a salad w/ sweet vidalia onion dressing; entree was chicken cordon bleu and roast beef with potatoes and vegetable medley; dessert was a raspberry torte?. The meal was good and our server was great! Portions were large and I couldn't finish. Cost was included in ticket price of $62 for both (includes SDC discount).Overall, I give it an 8.

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at:
BRANSON BEST: We both had biscuits and gravy, eggs and fruit. The variety was good. Everything was hot and looked clean. Cost was free with stay . Give it 8.

Lunch was at:
SILVER DOLLAR CITY: Since it was Worldfest we decided to try something different. DH had the oriental: General Tso's Chicken with fried rice and an eggroll. Very dissapointed. Fried rice wasn't fried and very bland. The chicken was supposed to be spicy but didn't have much flavor at all and the eggroll must have been a generic frozen one. Waste of $10. I had chicken fajitas. The portion was huge. It had a tortilla with grilled chicken, onions and peppers. Then they topped it with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, onions and salsa. It was served with beans and rice. It was okay. Again, kinda bland. Mine was $8. We give DH's: 2 and mine: 5

Dinner was:
DANNA'S: DH had a beef plate and I had the BBQ nachos with chicken. Food was very good, as always. Came close to eating all of mine! We got there right before the rush for dinner came. Cost was around $30 including tip and beer for DH. We give it a 10!!

Dessert was :
COLD STONE CREAMERY: I can't remember the names of what we got, but we both ate all of it!! Place was clean and workers were very friendly. Cost around $10 for both! Give it 10!

Breakfast on Sunday was at:
BRANSON BEST: we planned on going out, but ended up sleeping in. Then we were missing out boys ! DH made waffles. I had biscuits an gravy, and fruit again. Again, free with the stay and we give it 8!

It sounds like we ate alot now that I wrote it all out. Did I mention that I'm pregnant? Overall, we ate some really good things and we should has stuck with what we know is good at SDC!!
Bridget
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie78 View Post
. Did I mention that I'm pregnant?
Oh my!! Can you tell what it was you ate?? I guess I won't be taking my DW to any of those places. !!

Thanks for the review....and congrats

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."

Last edited by DalmatianDad; 04-20-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

What is good at SDC?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Too funny DalmationDad. But, congratulations okie78 on your pregnancy. You wrote a very good review.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

WE didn't think the 'world foods' looked very authentic and/or good either! So we stuck with good old fried chicken at Aunt Polly's for our Saturday lunch!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Enjoyed reading your review and congrats on your pregnancy!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Nice review, thanks for sharing! Congrats on your pregnancy!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

It sounds like we ate alot now that I wrote it all out. Did I mention that I'm pregnant? Overall, we ate some really good things and we should has stuck with what we know is good at SDC!!
Bridget[/QUOTE]

Well, since you are pregnant, you can divide the food you ate by three and it won't seem as much. Sounds like you had some great food and that's what vacation time is all about.

Closed Thread