1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #31
jap114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
And here is what it was stuck on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0IMn6qcsU
Cool video. Thanks for posting!

Was on the neighbor's boat on the 4th a couple years ago and had that happen. He did the same as you, tied a buoy on and then had a diver come out the next morning. Think it cost him around $75, which was way less than replacement of the anchor and rope.

The diver(s) told him they find a bunch of anchors by visiting the coves after big events!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #32
bottomdweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap114 View Post
Cool video. Thanks for posting!

Was on the neighbor's boat on the 4th a couple years ago and had that happen. He did the same as you, tied a buoy on and then had a diver come out the next morning. Think it cost him around $75, which was way less than replacement of the anchor and rope.

The diver(s) told him they find a bunch of anchors by visiting the coves after big events!
I have went and retrieved anchors for others that lost them & I only charged them $20. Guess I should rethink my pricing. lol..
Yes, there are lots of anchors in the lake.
Especially after busy weekends, I have sold quite a few on craigslist.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #33
Airforce Dad

Red face Boat costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
What's a prop and lower unit?
I was running my cabin cruiser on the upper Mississippi. I had my aux motor in the water but, was running with my inboard engine at about 20 kts when I struck a submerged log. (No Sonar) Needless to say I now have an expensive anchor named Nissan. I took the Nissan off and was running in the Illinois river with my daughter. After running for about an hour my bilge pumps kicked on. We returned to port and took the boat out of the water to discover that the boot had cracked. I took it home and sold it a week later.
B bring O out A another T thousand

Anyone wanna buy a Nissan outboard cheap?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #34
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
I was running my cabin cruiser on the upper Mississippi. I had my aux motor in the water but, was running with my inboard engine at about 20 kts when I struck a submerged log. (No Sonar) Needless to say I now have an expensive anchor named Nissan. I took the Nissan off and was running in the Illinois river with my daughter. After running for about an hour my bilge pumps kicked on. We returned to port and took the boat out of the water to discover that the boot had cracked. I took it home and sold it a week later.

Well let's see the score so far with the Gator. Hit a bolder, or slab of concrete the size of a piano in the Gasconade. Launched the boat all the way out of the river. Almost launched the Daughter-In-Law into the river. Gave it a bit of a parking lot ding on the bottom. Hit a barely submerged stump in Taneycomo. Got more air again, and saw the eyes of the guys with me get as big as saucers. Another ding. Put it 50' up a gravel bar covered by 2-3 inches of water when I missed a tight turn on the Gasconade by about 10 feet. 45 minutes of digging gravel out enough to float at it back to the channel. Jumped over a root wad in the Meramec with Daughter, and Son-In-Law. He thought it was cool, she thought we were gonna die! Told her mom that, and I told her "we do that on purpose"!
Can't count the times it's hit bottom sliding over a shallow shoal in the river.
The worst, and most expensive thing.....One side of the engine block didn't get drained completely. Sand had the ball valve I open to drain it blocked, and I didn't notice the water didn't come out. Froze up, and cracked the block from the rocker cover to the oil pan. New Marine Power GM 6.0 long block...$$$!
Oh well, ya gotta pay to play!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 05-18-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #35
Airforce Dad

Exclamation Boat costs

Quote:

I think that I'll go back to airplanes. and flying. My wife hates them but I don't care. She never went out on the boat very much when I had it.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I think that I'll go back to airplanes. and flying. My wife hates them but I don't care. She never went out on the boat very much when I had it.
If the engine in the Gator quits I might run into the bank, or what ever it's aimed at when it quit. No thrust, no steering. But it won't fall out of the sky!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #37
Airforce Dad

Talking Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
If the engine in the Gator quits I might run into the bank, or what ever it's aimed at when it quit. No thrust, no steering. But it won't fall out of the sky!
Can't fish outta a plane either...unless it's an anphib. Gotta read between the lines. Said "wife hates 'em, won't go with" 'nuff said.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #38
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Can't fish outta a plane either...unless it's an anphib. Gotta read between the lines. Said "wife hates 'em, won't go with" 'nuff said.
LOL, Mine isn't real fond of boats, or fishing either. Will go sometimes in the lakes, but never in the river where things can get a bit "interesting" at times.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #39
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Then there is the cost of owning a hidden boat!

Closed Thread