1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
rcgnok

Any tips for Moonshine Beach

Planning on checking out Moonshine Beach for the first time tomorrow. I understand it is a bit different than in previous years, with contracts not renewed by the corps for various services, but it is what it is.

Any tips or suggestions. Or words of caution?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
amy129

Hi... I just saw your post and was wondering how your experience went with Moonshine Beach? We have never been there before, but were thinking about adding it to our list of things to do while in Branson in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
rcgnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy129 View Post
Hi... I just saw your post and was wondering how your experience went with Moonshine Beach? We have never been there before, but were thinking about adding it to our list of things to do while in Branson in a couple of weeks.
We had a great time, but I will actually write a bit more on the subject in the next couple of days. The day we went last month was still a BIT cool in general, and we went early on a rainy LOOKING morning, so there was almost no one there...we only stayed for a couple of hours, and more folks started showing up as we were getting ready to leave.

We are back in Branson now and will probably be here all week, and I expect to spend a longer time at Moonshine Beach, and, of course, the overall weather or much more lake friendly now (90 degrees, feels like 100 right now as I type this). So I will offer up a better reply later this week!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I don't know for sure, but I've heard you are not allowed to drink moonshine at moonshine beach.

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #5
AnotherOzarkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy129 View Post
Us too - I'm wondering about it though, because for us, where we live, a swim beach on a lake is a muddy affair - we only have mud bottom reservoir lakes - so the water is brown to the point that you can't see your feet when you stand in the water past your ankles. I know Table Rock is a clear lake compared to what we are used to, but what is the water like on the swim beach?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOzarkFan View Post
Us too - I'm wondering about it though, because for us, where we live, a swim beach on a lake is a muddy affair - we only have mud bottom reservoir lakes - so the water is brown to the point that you can't see your feet when you stand in the water past your ankles. I know Table Rock is a clear lake compared to what we are used to, but what is the water like on the swim beach?
Once you get past the sand into the water it's mainly rock so don't have to worry about the mud table rock is very clean compared other lakes in Missouri. It is controlled by the corps of engineers out of little rock. They do a good job not letting people destroy the lake like they have done at lake of the Ozarks.

Last edited by Bransonguy1988; 07-03-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #7
rcgnok

Yes, no mud and great water as lakes go. Yesterday (July 2) we went late in the day (after 5PM), of course, water tends to get uglier and murkier as the day goes on. At 5PM you could still clearly see the bottom at 5 feet deep, and you could see the bottom, just not as clearly at 7+ feet deep.

No mud, pebbles and "rock'ish" sand. We use $5 Walmart water shoes, plenty of people with bare feet, but we do like the water shoes.

Though it is a rocky sort of sand, it is very easy to dig around in and is buildable, so kids can dig, build decent sand castles and stuff like that!

$4 per car parking fee is the only cost at the beach.

They offer no concessions (food, drinks, umbrella or chair rental, etc.), so bring what you need or want. They do have numerous covered picnic areas (fill up fast, I'm sure) and a large covered pavilion area. They have bathrooms and they have outdoor showers.

They have free loaner life vests, and they seem to have a lot of them, though all were in use at the time we were there yesterday. They have one volleyball net and plenty of room for lake fun!

To us, it seemed very busy, but not what we would even think about calling crowded....plenty of room and plenty of "personal space" for all!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgnok View Post
Yes, no mud and great water as lakes go. Yesterday (July 2) we went late in the day (after 5PM), of course, water tends to get uglier and murkier as the day goes on. At 5PM you could still clearly see the bottom at 5 feet deep, and you could see the bottom, just not as clearly at 7+ feet deep.

No mud, pebbles and "rock'ish" sand. We use $5 Walmart water shoes, plenty of people with bare feet, but we do like the water shoes.

Though it is a rocky sort of sand, it is very easy to dig around in and is buildable, so kids can dig, build decent sand castles and stuff like that!

$4 per car parking fee is the only cost at the beach.

They offer no concessions (food, drinks, umbrella or chair rental, etc.), so bring what you need or want. They do have numerous covered picnic areas (fill up fast, I'm sure) and a large covered pavilion area. They have bathrooms and they have outdoor showers.

They have free loaner life vests, and they seem to have a lot of them, though all were in use at the time we were there yesterday. They have one volleyball net and plenty of room for lake fun!

To us, it seemed very busy, but not what we would even think about calling crowded....plenty of room and plenty of "personal space" for all!
Usually on the busier weekends there is a concessions truck next to the pavilion. I'd also recommend water shoes and making sure you've got something to anchor your belongings because it's wide open and can get quite windy at the beach.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
otterchaos

Do they allow inflatable floats, lounge floats, etc...?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
rcgnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterchaos View Post
Do they allow inflatable floats, lounge floats, etc...?
Yes - we've seen everything from very small pool style floats and toys to large lake floats, like those floating party mats with spots for 4 or more people and built-in cooler, etc. Also, inflatable boats, kayaks, etc.

With smaller inflatables, unless you plan on it being used continuously, like an earlier post mentions, make sure you bring something to weight it down, put on top of it, or otherwise secure it on the beach when you're not using it....otherwise it can blow away!!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

One question.....Alcoholic beverages?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #12
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
One question.....Alcoholic beverages?
Don't know that answer..... but, you could pour it into a Mt Dew or Coke bottle like the kids do.....
Old 07-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Don't know that answer..... but, you could pour it into a Mt Dew or Coke bottle like the kids do.....

Yes, as a matter of fact I have enjoyed my share of Budweiser Big Gulps!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #14
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post

Yes, as a matter of fact I have enjoyed my share of Budweiser Big Gulps!
Budweiser?? Did they stop making American Patriot beer?

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Budweiser?? Did they stop making American Patriot beer?

Well, the Budweiser Big Gulps were pre AP.......but.
Yup. Billy the Ear Biter spent millions on his Rawgoatsbutt beer adds to compete with hype vs good beer, and it worked! Funny how there was little if any advertising for his German beer before AP came out with an American brew. Then after AP seemed to disappear, so did the Rawgoatsbutt Kraptig commercials.
Don't know what other things he did, but I imagine his millions had something to do with product placement when Kraptig was well placed in the coolers, and shelves of one of the major supermarkets in St. Louis. American Patriot cans were well hidden on the bottom shelf of the "craft beer" section, and only a few six packs of bottles, no cans, in the cold case.
I wouldn't doubt that he had influence with availability of plant time either. Considering both were brewed, and bottled in the same plant in LaCross Wisconsin.

Closed Thread