1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Table Rock/Taneycomo conditions

Any word on the lake lever of Table Rock. Fishing conditions , the water temperatures, and clarity of the water?
Also, how much water are they releasing into Taneycomo?
I'll be coming to Branson in a week with trout fishing on Taneycomo as part of my plans. Just wondering It they will be running could, clear water through the generators at the dam? Usually makes for good trout fishing from a boat.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Based on my small sampling, or a crazy neighbor, or a guy who once played golf with Arnold Palmer, it looks like there will be a good spawn this year.
Sounds good. One of these days I'll have to take a break from the pink, slick fish in Taney, and unleash the Gator in Table Rock for a while.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Table Rock Dam generation schedule. 3 units continuous from 3:00PM Friday May 10 until at least Midnight Monday, May 13.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Does the current in Table Rock caused by near full generation make any difference in fishing. Or is It a negligible amount. I know on other lakes for hydroelectric generation It sometimes does. Downstream points, and nearby channel swings produce better.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Based on my small sampling, or a crazy neighbor, or a guy who once played golf with Arnold Palmer, it looks like there will be a good spawn this year.
Nah... the guy who once played golf with Arnold Palmer is for your Top of the Rock information. For fishing conditions it must be the guy you know who once fished with Babe Winkelman...

Good Times in Branson

Last edited by MNtraveler; 05-13-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Obviously it makes a difference in Taneycomo, but not in Table Rock. You have go a long ways up one of the tributaries before you find current.
I'm well aware of Taneycomo conditions with flow. Hate 4 units, or flood gates open. Don't like three units, but will cope. Especially around Cooper Creek, Monkey Island, Turkey Creek, or the Landing. Two units aren't too bad. One unit with no, or light Westerly wind is perfect!

As far a current in Table Rock, I don't mean upper end in flow. On Truman, and Mark Twain the "current" when generation is high is barely noticeable, if at all in the mid, or lower lake areas. But it does seem to have an effect on the fish. Bugs are drifted to the down stream points of cove mouths, then minnows follow making it a Branson style buffet for bass, and other species. Of course other factors can make a difference. If the wind is blowing the opposite way, it can negate the flow. Sunlight, wave action, and the clarity of the watter can also make a difference.
Gee, fishing isn't just throwing a hook with a worm on it out in the lake, is it? Gets pretty technical, like golf.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Golf is technical? Not for me... I'm not that good. The only clubs I can hit decently are a driver, 3-wood, 7-iron, 9-iron and putter. Save the others for throwing in water hazards. Makes the game much simpler. Most short courses I would probably do just as well with just the 7-iron and a putter. Use the putter on the green, the 7-iron for everything else. If you had to, you could probably putt with a 7-iron. Nature's most perfect club.

Good Times in Branson
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Golf is technical? Not for me... I'm not that good. The only clubs I can hit decently are a driver, 3-wood, 7-iron, 9-iron and putter. Save the others for throwing in water hazards. Makes the game much simpler. Most short courses I would probably do just as well with just the 7-iron and a putter. Use the putter on the green, the 7-iron for everything else. If you had to, you could probably putt with a 7-iron. Nature's most perfect club.

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife! When she asks why I have so many fishing rods, and want more, I ask here If she's ever seen a golfer with one club!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Here's what I've been doing out on my home lake when I can find the time.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
Here's what I've been doing out on my home lake when I can find the time.
Great catch! And you wanted me to give you fishing lessons on Taneycomo!
(I'm going to check my reservation schedule @ Lilleys' I think the dates you mentioned might work.)
Old 05-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Great catch! And you wanted me to give you fishing lessons on Taneycomo!
(I'm going to check my reservation schedule @ Lilleys' I think the dates you mentioned might work.)
The crappie kinda go nuts on our lakes in this area at this time of year.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
The crappie kinda go nuts on our lakes in this area at this time of year.
Ours too, most Springs. I haven't fished for crappie on Table Rock, but have filled a few limits on Lake of the Ozarks, Truman, Mark Twain, and Wappapello.
For the past few years it's been mostly fishing for those little slick pink fish in Taney.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
If anyone lost one of these, I found it on the way to the dock a little while ago:

http://www.redorbit.com/media/upload...2defab97e9.jpg
Na, I think they're all accounted for. Saw most of them answering questions from Congress, giving massive spin, and denials to the press, and making announcements about accountability. Wonder if they looked that word up?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
It's a little late for here. April-ish I get lotsa goggle-eye and crappie.

I'm sure there's still some good brushpiles.
The lake I live on is a little bit different with the crappie bite. Not very many people catch them during the spawn. But for about a month after the main spawn, when they crowd into the brushpiles in deep water, that's when you can load your ice chest.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
ice chest?
Speaking of ice chests, NotJLB, quit dumping yours into Table Rock. With 3 units running, and dumping water from the bottom of Table Rock into Taneycomo, the water temperature at Lilleys' Landing, several miles down stream is 46°! The trout are wearing hoodies.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 05-16-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Closed Thread