1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
HappyPappe
Hooked on Branson!!!

I am hooked on Zip Lining!!!!

Well I took the plunge and zip lined with Adventure Ziplines of Branson. Awesome experience and I would truly recommend it to anyone. Adventure of Ziplines is a AWESOME company and their guides are the BEST!

Now that I am hooked, does anyone know of any other GREAT deals here in the Branson area? If another half off coupon comes back I will be buying it.

Thanks,
Sheila
Old 07-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Sheila,

So glad you enjoyed your experience. I don't think it would be something that i would enjoy but I love talking to some of the people in Branson that have tried zip lining and thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's one of the nice things about Branson, there is something for everyone. Hope you are able to find some more good deals.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 07-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPappe View Post
Well I took the plunge and zip lined with Adventure Ziplines of Branson. Awesome experience and I would truly recommend it to anyone. Adventure of Ziplines is a AWESOME company and their guides are the BEST!

Now that I am hooked, does anyone know of any other GREAT deals here in the Branson area? If another half off coupon comes back I will be buying it.

Thanks,
Sheila
I don't now of any better deals, but want to say I'm envious of your adventure. It looks like so much fun, so do it again & one time for me!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
persimmons
traveller

We agree. We did the long trip last year. After talking to my parents about it, I'm happy to say that they're making their first trip to Branson with us this year and this is on their "must-do" list. They're both in their 70s.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
HappyPappe
Hooked on Branson!!!

Persimmons that's AWESOME!!! They will enjoy it very much!

Sheila
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
HappyPappe
Hooked on Branson!!!

Blaze2, thank you very much and I will take a ZIP for you. I would be happy to do it.

Sheila
Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
HappyPappe
Hooked on Branson!!!

ShowGal,

that's what makes Branson such a Family Fun Vacation, a variety for everyone!

Sheila
Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPappe View Post
ShowGal,

that's what makes Branson such a Family Fun Vacation, a variety for everyone!

Sheila
So true Sheila,

I can remember the days when people said if you didn't like country music there was no use in going to Branson.

Now, we have something for everyone...............great variety of shows, fun attractions for all ages, good variety of restaurants and are constantly looking for new ideas to keep Branson growing.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
nanjosbrand

I just went for the first time this past weekend. I was a little fearful at first thinking this is something completely out of my comfort zone. Let me tell you though that it was so fun, I would recommend a zip line trip to everyone. It is a fun time, and I felt completely safe the entire time!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
djmrl68
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjosbrand View Post
I just went for the first time this past weekend. I was a little fearful at first thinking this is something completely out of my comfort zone. Let me tell you though that it was so fun, I would recommend a zip line trip to everyone. It is a fun time, and I felt completely safe the entire time!
Which zipline company did you use? How long a trip was it? I haven't done a zipline in years and am considering doing it in Branson if I can decide which company and trip is the best.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
nanjosbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmrl68 View Post
Which zipline company did you use? How long a trip was it? I haven't done a zipline in years and am considering doing it in Branson if I can decide which company and trip is the best.
I did the tour that is off Hwy 65. The tour took roughly two hours. They take a group of 12 people at a time with two tour guides--some groups are smaller and some groups may be bigger. So the tour was with people we didnt know, but got to know by the time the tour was over!

Some people in the group I was with said the Vigilante at The Shepherd of the Hills Tower was worth every penny. It's a total rush because you're so high up on the tower.

I thought the tour on Hwy 65 was fun--not scary like I thought it may be--and was even at times relaxing. I did feel sorry for some of the guys on their trip and their precious jewels.....
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
persimmons
traveller

I wrote a comparison here:

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?p=685342
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
djmrl68
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjosbrand View Post
I did the tour that is off Hwy 65.

Some people in the group I was with said the Vigilante at The Shepherd of the Hills Tower was worth every penny. It's a total rush because you're so high up on the tower.

I thought the tour on Hwy 65 was fun--not scary like I thought it may be--and was even at times relaxing. I did feel sorry for some of the guys on their trip and their precious jewels.....
I was thinking about the tour on 65 or the one mentioned in this thread. The one on 65 looks a little more spread out.

Vigilante does look like fun. The problem that I have with it is that it is over so quickly. I don't know whether it would be worth the money for such a short trip.

As for the jewels comment, you crack me up. There are some things only a woman can understand and some things only men can understand.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
persimmons
traveller

The Vigilante ZipRider from SOTH tower launches from 170 feet up as I recall.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

You know, that 170 feet doesn't look so high when you are on the ground, looking up. HOWEVER....when you are up "there" looking down from your little seat with your itty-bitty belt buckle on (seriously, a very safe and confortable harness) it looks and feels more like 350 feet! The worst thing about it? The little kids about 9 or 10 make you feel like a wimp, as they have no problem at all in launching. Enjoy!

Closed Thread