1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #121
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

I hit 500 caches this weekend! My 500th was a FTF too! WOO HOO!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #122
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Congratuations on your 500th cache AdairMD! And there is no better way to mark your 500th than with an FTF! Good job!

We are headed to KC this weekend to watch the Royals play the Yankees and we are going to try to find Missouri's First-Watts Mill (GC37). Should be a fun weekend.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #123
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkman View Post
Congratuations on your 500th cache AdairMD! And there is no better way to mark your 500th than with an FTF! Good job!

We are headed to KC this weekend to watch the Royals play the Yankees and we are going to try to find Missouri's First-Watts Mill (GC37). Should be a fun weekend.
Thanks Ozarkman. I was surprised to get the FTF. I was caching with a group, and one said there was one that just been published yesterday morning. Everyone said we have to get that one for your 500. We were in Tahlequah, and was worried one of the locals would get it. There is one that get a lot of the FTF's there. Come to find out, she was the one that hid it, so I knew I would get it.

That cache would be a fun one to get. I'll have to remember it if I ever head up to KC to catch a Royals game.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #124
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD View Post
I hit 500 caches this weekend! My 500th was a FTF too! WOO HOO!!!
Wow ~ 500 AND A FTF!!! Congrats!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #125
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

Yeah!!!!! Congratulations on 500!!!

How many does everyone else have? We have 37 US and 1 interntaional. We plan to get a bunch of the new Branson ones this weekend. And then this spring head towards St. Louis. There are nearly 3,000 within 100 miles of home, so we have plenty to work on! But with the boys, we only get the level 1 and 2 hides. Hopefully we'll find a Saturday to do some major caching on our own (a geocache date!). We found out there is one near us called Safecracker and is rated a 5, I think, or maybe a 4 in difficulty.

I plan to get our archived cache back up before we leave this weekend, too. I found out that a bunch of middle school kids walk near the area we hid it, so I bet they saw someone out there one afternoon. Now the hide will just have to be more difficult!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #126
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

It is easy to get geocaches with a terrain level of 5 with the kids. All you need is a boat! Any caches on islands or buoys must be rated a 5 because you have to have special equipment to get to them, i.e a boat. There are several of these on both Table Rock and Bull Shoals!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #127
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

It is now hid again, and this time full of snakes (from Dollar Tree)!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #128
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

We will be on our way to Branson soon. Will be leaving our "Walkin' Preacher of the Ozarks" TB. Also hope to pick up a TB we saw listed in a cache here. Its goal is "To move across the country getting pictures taken in front of food establishments". That seems to fit our time in Branson very well

We also plan to leave another TB on Route 66 on the way down or back up. It's "Ms Har Ley" and the goal is: "Fly me to the moon. Okay, at least drive me around the country. I love to shop at Harley stores along route 66, the Mother Road."
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #129
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

We left a TB in the Ozark HighRoad View Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-1f3d55a083cc). It was neat walking between the highway. However, we did come back down with ticks.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #130
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
We also plan to leave another TB on Route 66 on the way down or back up. It's "Ms Har Ley" and the goal is: "Fly me to the moon. Okay, at least drive me around the country. I love to shop at Harley stores along route 66, the Mother Road."
To bad I couldn't get up there to get it, here is a Harley Store in Tulsa that would be perfect for the TB to visit!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #131
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD View Post
To bad I couldn't get up there to get it, here is a Harley Store in Tulsa that would be perfect for the TB to visit!
I wish you could too. That would be perfect!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #132
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Question

Looks like the Sycamore Log Church traditional and virtual cache in Branson is gone?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #133
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Looks like the Sycamore Log Church traditional and virtual cache in Branson is gone?
The cache owner posted that he was asked to remove it. That is a shame because it is such a wonderful place. I wish virtual caches could still be created because that Church was an excellent one.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #134
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkman View Post
The cache owner posted that he was asked to remove it. That is a shame because it is such a wonderful place. I wish virtual caches could still be created because that Church was an excellent one.
Thanks Ozarkman! I guess we won't log that one for the "Walkin' Soul". At least we have pics on the TB page for it. See ya soon
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #135
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Ozarkman ~ Your New Cache!

DH has us on Branson area notifications since we are coming down. We just received your new one at Gretna Cemetery! Our "Walkin' Soul" could be dipped there since Rev Howard preached there.

Closed Thread