1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #136
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
DH has us on Branson area notifications since we are coming down. We just received your new one at Gretna Cemetery! Our "Walkin' Soul" could be dipped there since Rev Howard preached there.
I don't know what it is about that cemetery, but when I visit there, I feel at peace with the world. The Roark Valley/Gretna area is a quiet, relaxing place. Gretna cemetery is filled with history. This one should be very easy for you to get!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #137
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

We were one of the last cachers to find the Sycamore Log Church when we were down Easter weekend. I emailed themeatloaf to apologize, thinking that it was removed because we weren't the stealthiest, but he assured me that it was because the church board had just decided that they prefer not to have it there.

"The OPPOSITE Cache" is just down the road from the church, if you still want to take a drive out to see it.

The woman at the church told us that the lumber was purchased for $13 (or something like that, I don't remember exactly now), and all of the labor, including the milling and constructing, was donated. The church is still active.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #138
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyann View Post
We were one of the last cachers to find the Sycamore Log Church when we were down Easter weekend. I emailed themeatloaf to apologize, thinking that it was removed because we weren't the stealthiest, but he assured me that it was because the church board had just decided that they prefer not to have it there.

"The OPPOSITE Cache" is just down the road from the church, if you still want to take a drive out to see it.

The woman at the church told us that the lumber was purchased for $13 (or something like that, I don't remember exactly now), and all of the labor, including the milling and constructing, was donated. The church is still active.
Thanks for the info Tyann. We had been able to log it as a virtual but had hoped to make it a part of Rev. Guy Howard's Travel Bug log.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #139
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Going out for FTF try. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #140
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkman View Post
Going out for FTF try. I'll let you know how it goes!
The only one I see on our email is around Harrison?!?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #141
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Yep. That's it. No FTF though. Maintenence guy called the police on me, so really didn't have a good time on this one.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #142
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Yep. That's it. No FTF though. Maintenence guy called the police on me, so really didn't have a good time on this one.
But they have everyone's permission there.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 AM   #143
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
YIKES!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #144
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
So, the question is, did you get taken to the hoosegow? You're not a true cacher unless you have a run in with the police at least once. I did last year.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #145
shis1
Str8fn

What an exciting hobby!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #146
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Geocoins

Hey Preacherman!!

I don't know if your into buying geocoins, but here's some neat geocoins that I am planning on buying when they get back in stock. I thought you might like them.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #147
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD View Post
Hey Preacherman!!

I don't know if your into buying geocoins, but here's some neat geocoins that I am planning on buying when they get back in stock. I thought you might like them.
Those look interesting! A couple we just met in Iowa mentioned that there were Christian geocoins.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #148
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Today we got to Nixa about 10:30 and went to get 3. A couple of them had too many muggles. Maybe another day.

Then on to Republic. Got the first one there at 12:30. Did 7, Jack's Revenge was clever, also went to Mr. Postman and DH didn't get arrested at the hoosgow

Fun day!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #149
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD View Post
So, the question is, did you get taken to the hoosegow? You're not a true cacher unless you have a run in with the police at least once. I did last year.
I escaped before the police arrived! I had to get out of town quick because I know they had my car make and model and license number. I tried to explain geocaching to the guy, but he didn't want to hear anything about it! I also tried to explain that I wouldn't be the only one, that there would be many. He didn't seem to beleive me. The reason I wanted to get out of there is my insurance verification had expired and I hadn't put the new insurance card in the glove box yet.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #150
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

DH (he says "Old Man") is tired! He walked, climbed, slid, forded the stream (in a Ford) with Ozarkman. Worked off the Reuben and then some! They walked the Henning Conservation Area and Homesteaders Trail geocaching for about 3 1/2 hours. Lots of fun but didn't find any bears or wild cats.
I think they did:
Meadows, Thoroughly Old-Fashioned Millie pt I, Opposite, American Eagle, Trading Post, maybe

Last edited by preacherman; 04-29-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Closed Thread