1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
yourstory

Scenic Areas??

My family will be in the Branson area around the 20th of May. My husband and I love beautiful scenery and taking lots of pictures. Can some locals tell me of beautiful areas to hit. I dont care if we have to drive a little it is worth it to us. I saw that the Greer area had a beautiful area and was wondering if someone could tell me how far away that is from Branson. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cindy
Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Barefoot Eddie

Cindy, You don't have to go far to see some great scenery in Branson. The best drive would probably be to drive south on Hwy 65 to Hwy 165 in Hollister (just south of Branson). Turn west toward Table Rock Dam and go to the scenic overlook - can't miss it. Then make a driving loop around the lake & back to town. You can get a map at the Chamber of Commerce or just about anywhere in town. If you want a longer drive go south on 65, west on Hwy 86 & head toward Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Then come back to Branson from the west through Kimberling City & Hwy 76 West. Lots of great Ozark Mountain beauty around here.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
melissa
soon2bnbranson

Hi Cindy....I don't live in Branson, but I've been to the overlook that Barefoot Eddie mentioned. Be sure you put it on your list....awesome view!!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Go West on 76 and about a mile after Ray Steven's old theater, is a public scenic trail area on the right side of the road. Pull into the parking lot. There are several paved trails running all over and even a scenic tower you can go up. You can see half of the 76 strip up there. It's gorgeous!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

Last weekend we went to the Lake Forest trail (on Fall Creek Road just barely past 76). It was a nice easy hike and then you go down 300+ stone steps. The bad thing is you also have to go UP those 300+ steps! My legs still hurt! It would be a great hike if you didn't do the steps! LOL
Old 03-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
stlsports4ever
Super Brason Man

There is so many beautiful places to go in Branson. I just hope that it doesnt get to commerical and stays with the local feel.

Mr. Mike
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Lindsey
Ultra Member

Dogwood Canyon is beautiful!!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

A shot from our last visit to the senic overlook. It's pictures like this that convinced us to move to Branson
[IMG][/IMG]

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 03-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Great picture! I see the Chateau in the far back. In the early 90's, in high school, we use to use to hang out there when it was just Bear Mountain. You had to take a 4x4 just to get up there.

Amazing growth since then.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
k-2
Ultra Member

Is that picture from the overlook at Scoops? I have to stop there every trip!!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #11
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-2
Is that picture from the overlook at Scoops? I have to stop there every trip!!
Scoops??? I don't know scoops. I know this location as the 165 Overlook, but I'm not a local (yet), so I could be wrong.
The image below was taken on the "Ducks" ride.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 03-31-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
melissa
soon2bnbranson

Hi Ddad...Scoops is a restaurant that serves hamburgers, ice cream, ect., it's right across the street from the scenic overlook in Hollister....or at least I think it's Hollister...I'm not 100% sure though. We ate there once and your picture looks like the same view from the overlook that's just across from this restaurant. I can't say for certain though, because I don't remember if that was 165 that we were on. I would think that you probably would have noticed the restaurant though, so maybe it is from a different location, but the view sure looks the same to me.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
L8R G8R

Here's a link to some pictures I took from the overlook on HWY 165 Saturday 3-25-06. http://www.1branson.com/gallery/show...um/cat/2/page/ I also took some of the men fly fishing from the overlook, just look in the gallery to see those pictures.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #14
Branson Son
Son of late Branson Mom

if you didn't know, scoops is open again, I drove by it the other day and there were a ton of people in it.

the one past ray stevens is one of my favorites but I have more! lol

if you follow roark valley rd from downtown - the first left - after a rain storm there's a ton of waterfalls, beautiful, and after the rain last night I'm sure there will be a few for the next day or two.

if you take shepherd of the hills expwy past shoji's and pierce arrow, and get to that intersection, follow the hill straight ahead (also after a storm) there will be many waterfalls along that road

my favorite scenic views. *content sigh*
Old 04-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #15
Donsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa
Hi Cindy....I don't live in Branson, but I've been to the overlook that Barefoot Eddie mentioned. Be sure you put it on your list....awesome view!!
Of what? Condos? whoopie.

donsgal

Closed Thread