1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
agendacat1

Talking Golf course

I heard from a freind down in Branson, that a new golf course was going up.It was supposed to be close to the new target.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

Yes. It will be the "Payne Stewart memorial golf course"
Payne was from Springfield and this is a tribute to him. I think it is supposed to open in 2006, not 100% sure on that though.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
tkite

I emailed Branson creek about there new course here is there response.I cant wait I love playing out there.

Mr. Kite : Your email message to Branson Creek Golf Club has been forwarded to me .

The undeveloped property (approx 7000 acres) adjacent to the existing Branson Creek Golf Course is owned by Branson Development LLC.

Branson Development LLC has contracted with Landmark Land Company Inc. to design , construct and manage an 18-hole golf course on a portion of their undeveloped property .

Construction began in September 2005 , the name given to this new course / club is
Murder Rock Country Club . The Club will consist of an 18 hole golf course, Par 71, 6600 +/- yds,
a Clubhouse including golf shop , restaurant , lounge , Members Only lounge , fitness center,
swimming , tennis . Certain amenities of the Club will be restricted for member use only .
Murder Rock Country Club will be introduced to the Market as a semi-private Club and projects to open the golf course in Spring 2007.

A web site that may be of interest to you is www.branson-creek.com
Click on Amenities , then Murder Rock.

Thank you for your interest . Please contact me if I can be of further assistance .

Greg Abadie
Landmark Land Company Inc
Old 01-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

Know where the term "murder rock" came from?? A little bit of trivia here on the forum.
The golf course in question is the Payne Stewart Memorial Course set to open this spring.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
tkite

Where is the payne stewart course located at??? I say the more the golf the better.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
tkite

Hey Semperfly i see your a fishing guide. We are coming down the first week of March and we thought about gettin a guide and going bass fishing is this too early in the spring???
Old 01-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

I dont think it would be too early. depends on the rest of winter goes here. table rock lake has yet to turn over, so its still fairly warm. smallmouth are still biting, but when your coming down you may be able to find some LMB heading into the shallows. of course the trout fishing is ALWAYS good here.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

Hey, thanks for the information on the new course by Branson Creek. Didn't know anything about it. Sounds like a big deal. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
agendacat1

Thanks

Keep me informed on all the new course's.I'm all for more golf in Branson,that means more shopping for wife.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #10
Speleo Guy

Murder Rocks is the hide out for Alfred Bolin and his gang. They would hide behind the rocks above the road and wait for their next victim? Location is near Kirbyville???

Silver Dollar City’s Frisco Train is robbed by Alfie Bolin…
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
den48

Coming to Branson in early May and would like to play some golf. Are there any good deals to be had and how do you go about finding them
Old 03-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
stlsports4ever
Super Brason Man

There is some great courts in Branson
Old 03-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #13
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleo Guy
Silver Dollar City’s Frisco Train is robbed by Alfie Bolin…
Ha. My buddy and his older brother use to be those two SDC train robbers. He said it was the best job he ever had. They just sat around, lifted weights and played video games inside the shack. Then they'd come out when the train showed up and ad-libbed the crowd for 15 minutes.

It's one of the oldest and best attractions at SDC.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #14
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsports4ever
There is some great courts in Branson
I really dont know about the "courts", but we have some real nice "courses"
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #15
bransonpro

Talking Branson Golf Courses

There are some good specials. If you go to www.golfbranson.com and click on the "specials" button, it should give you some good rates.

To answer the questions about the new courses in the area:

Murder's Rock is set to open early Summer 2007. It will be open to homeowner's of Branson Creek.

The other course, called "The Tribute" is across the street from the new Rec Plex on Branson Hills Parkway. It is to the west and behind of Target. It is also set to open in 2007 sometime. A friend of mine is the Pro there and he says it will be reasonably priced.

See you in the fairway!

Closed Thread