1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:11 PM   #16
Double Mom
Packer Fan

I sure have enjoyed reading all the cast iron stories!! I stopped using mine 3 yrs ago when I got a new stove. It's one with a smooth top & they salesman said I shouldn't use cast iron on it. Now I use my George Forman grill for all my meats....I have a non stick pan I use for eggs & a few other things that I can't use my grill for.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:53 AM   #17
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

It was cold Sunday, so using the tips I have gleaned from this thread, I cleaned, seasoned and used my cast iron griddle to make breakfast for the family. Nothing stuck to it. I used the recently properly cleaned and seasoned skillet to fix dinner that same evening.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #18
renegade

Cast Iron On the Cooking Channel

The chefs on the Cooking Channel all use cast iron, it's just the fru fru french enamel coated stuff from Le Creuset. All those pretty pots they use with the bright colors and white interiors are all Le Creuset. That way they don't have to season it and worry about it rusting!!!! Boy does it have a "pretty" price tag too. I just shop in the outlet mall in Foley and you can buy the discontinued and second stuff lots cheaper!!!!!!!

Renegade
Old 01-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #19
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I refused for years to use NON STICK.......for fear it would come off into the food.......well I saw it come off.

Then, I found T-Fal.....it wasnt bad, I had about 8 pieces.....but it was THIN on the bottom.......

Then, I took a chance one one piece of COOKS ESSENTUALS....which is the brand from QVC........they have taken the good ideas from all the GOOD PANS.....and made their own.....I have about 20 odd pieces....I dont buy sets, cause I ....errrrrr dont.

This is the best stuff I have ever used and Ive been cooking for over 46 years.......and food cooks as good in these pans as it does in cast iron.......my cornbread can go on top of the stove or in the over in these pans........THEY ARE AMAZING.....and the cost is so reasonable, I almost let that be the reason I didnt buy.

One pan of Chef Quality, costs more than 5 Cooks Essentual pans..........I have had some of mine for several years....treated them with NO RESPECT......wash in dishwasher...etc etc.....I dont buy the colorful ones....I buy stainless steel ones...cause I like shiny..........lol.

And, it has a lifetime warranty........if anything should go wrong.....I gave a friend the first one I bought to use in her camper and on the grate over the fire.........she says its wonderful...........hated to see it get such abuse.....but....its still going stong.

I guess what proved it to me....was just lately.....I eat eggs for breakfast, on this Atkins thing........and I do two eggs fast, and painless in a teeny little pan.......and they dont taste or look like NON STICK eggs........I luv luv luv my pans.

I have ones you use on the stove...and then an electric 8 qt and a 3 qt and a fry pan and a toaster.....ummmmmm....good electric appliances too.

Before you spend a small fortune on pans, check them out at qvc.com.........and browse the pots and pans........
Old 01-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #20
freakyy4life
Cherokee Proud!!!!!

OK, this is off subject, but after reading all those replies, this is what stuck out to me...

Quote:
Now if you raise your own hawgs, , and render your own Lard....it must be strained many many times, to get out the cracklin's and the hawg hair.........but it's really the best.

mmm, cracklins.... haven't had those in YEARS..since before my Grandpa passed away 15 years ago... I remember watching him butcher hogs, and get all that stuff...even made Hog Head Cheese...YUCK!!! but I liked the Cracklins....

Closed Thread