1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
jap114

NJLB & DD,
Question for you guys. Why has the lake continued to rise? We're weekenders but I watch the usace website almost daily - just for grins mainly! I've noticed it has risen steadily now for some time, but I didn't think you've had much (if any) rain since approx. 2-27?
Thanks,
Jerry
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Yes, in the waterershed feeding Table Rock Lake, which includes a substantial area, we have had significant rain. To the north we had one of 3 to 5 inches over a widespread area, for instance. To the south we had a 25-inch snowfall (2 1/2 inches of rain).

The level of the other three lakes in the White River chain, and the amount of TRL discharge and power generating are factors.

With the warmer temperatures, generation discharge is lessened.

The lake level has been predictable.
Your analysis is hereby approved...

I'm guessing that projected flooding of the Missouri River from the winter runoff is too far North to have any affect on us...Si??
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
septics
Not mine
Old 03-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
jap114

"septics"
Unfortunately (for me) mine was leaking into the basement, not the lake! But that's another story about shoddy construction and a septic tank located less than 2' from the foundation wall...But I digress.

Thanks for the update on snow/rainfall. I witnessed the snow as we drove thru it on the 24th on our way from Galveston to Fayetteville to Lampe - but hadn't heard about the big rains.

What intrigues me is that it has been just continually "inching" up day-after-day, usually a few hundreths at a time.

I guess I'll learn more now that we're semi-residents and not just summer visitors!

Oh, and I'll figure out to properly quote after I do a few of these...

Closed Thread