1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Don't Indian Point still have a light display? I asked David if he rememberd how to get to it and he said yes. I don't remember though...

It just hit me....isn't it past SDC? You go on the road to take you there and you go straight.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Don't Indian Point still have a light display? I asked David if he rememberd how to get to it and he said yes. I don't remember though...

It just hit me....isn't it past SDC? You go on the road to take you there and you go straight.
I know Indian Point is out that way somewhere but I don't know exactly where. Once I get off the strip, the Landing and the main backroads, I get lost. Ted knows all the little backroads. Now that I have finished my work on the house, I am going to try to get out and see if I can't learn some of the backroads.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I think Indian Point still has a display at the Corps of Engineers campground. We're going to check it out tonight after we finish watching The Amazing Race and eating supper. Will report on it later.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #19
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
I think Indian Point still has a display at the Corps of Engineers campground. We're going to check it out tonight after we finish watching The Amazing Race and eating supper. Will report on it later.
Good. We are always looking for new things to see and do.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #20
Barefoot Eddie

Unfortunately there is no display on Indian Point this year. The Enchanted Forest which they have had for a number of years has fallen to the economic hard times. The only two displays in the area now are the Festival of Lights put on by the Chamber of Commerce just off Shephard of the Hills Expressway (enter across from Sight & Sound Theatre) or the Trail of Lights at Shepard of the Hills. Both are very good and are a 'must see' in Branson during the Christmas season.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Yep, we checked out Indian Point; definitely no light display this year. We weren't the only vehicle out there looking for the light display. We always enjoyed the Enchanted Forest.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:32 AM   #22
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron76 View Post
I'd put Christmas in the park up here at Longview Lake in Kansas City as one of the better holiday light displays that you drive thru that i have seen.. And its free!!
Well....you are suppose to give a donation at the Longview display.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #23
randjm
Ultra Member

But the longview people give you Russell Stover's candy at the end. As for the Festival of Lights. I think this has been one of their better displays. When it was on Bee Creek Road it started out good. Then one year they moved it to all over 76 and you had to use a map to try and find the displays. Then back to another location. After that it was pretty small and not so good. Starting last year I thought it started getting better. This year, the giant toy store display is amazing. As for Indian Point, we were told by one of the area store managers, to complain to the Chamber and let them know our dissatisfaction, particularly since the Enchanted Forest is on their website! As for Kimberling City, we went every year and there was always a long line. We were told that one of the displays had been set on fire and that it could have been a major catastrophe had it reached the boats. So due to liability issues it was stopped.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

They have added so much this year and I think Santa's Toy Shop is a work of art.

There is so much room in their present location to keep growing each year.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #25
L2006

While in Branson we drove to Kimberling City to see the Christmas lights as they were always great, what a dispointment, no lights. Branson lights was a dispointment also, the lights were all right, but location was bad. Much better off Bee Creek Rd. Shepard of the Hills were great as always.

Closed Thread