1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Walt Disney World, Disneyland hike prices

"On the most expensive days, the new pricing structure means a family of four with two kids will have to pay $526 for a day of fun in the park. "
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/328015002

I think SDC seems like a bargain.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
justgohogs

I could hardly agree more! We've been in both parks and the people at SDC are just friendlier. Plus, if you get an opportunity to talk to 'residents' at SDC, they do a better job of taking ownership. Disney is a '...theme park...', Silver Dollar City is like a living, breathing entity.

Last edited by justgohogs; 02-12-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
I could hardly agree more! We've been in both parks and the people at SDC are just friendlier. Plus, if you get an opportunity to talk to 'residents' at SDC, they do a better job of taking ownership. Disney is a '...theme park...', Silver Dollar City is like a living, breathing entity.
And I can't imagine Christmas without a visit to Silver Dollar City....and going down to the Dockside stage to enjoy Cedric Benoit and the Cajun Connection band playing. It's a tradition with my family. We have made so many good memories there at SDC.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

We love SDC but this is a Disneyland year for us (youngest daughter graduating from high school). I booked and paid last year so luckily we locked in the lower price. Probably our last trip for a long, long time... but then again, when she leaves our nest will get pretty empty...
Old 02-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

To each their own but, imo...Disneyland/Disneyworld...YUCK! The people...the lines...the stench...the rudeness...the prices...the absurdity of all the hype...um, been there several times, but never again! Same with several "Great America" theme parks, which seem to have turned into their own version of various ethnic gangbangers roaming throughout and hassling the "family type" of people....No thank you...SDC is such a bargain, and a safe enough place for kids to roam without too much concern...but yea, I know, the "weirdos" can pop up anywhere...But so far, no issues to speak of there. I like that alot.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherkim View Post
We love SDC but this is a Disneyland year for us (youngest daughter graduating from high school). I booked and paid last year so luckily we locked in the lower price. Probably our last trip for a long, long time... but then again, when she leaves our nest will get pretty empty...
I remember her as a pretty little girl so its bittersweet to hear she is graduating from high schoiol already. Where did the time going?
I know you will have a great time at Disneyland. It has a special vibe not even found at Disney World. You will make beautiful memories together.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
I remember her as a pretty little girl so its bittersweet to hear she is graduating from high schoiol already. Where did the time going?
I know you will have a great time at Disneyland. It has a special vibe not even found at Disney World. You will make beautiful memories together.
Thank you! We started going to Branson when she was only a year old and she just turned 18. It's so crazy that I'm sort of in denial about it. We're both pretty excited about the trip, but first... Branson for Spring Break!

Closed Thread