1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Senior Citizen Communities...

What/where are the Senior citizen exclusive, communities in Branson?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I'm not aware of any 55+ communities in Branson other than assisted living situations. There is The Wilderness Club in Hollister just south of Branson on 165. It is a 55+ community geared to RV'ers. The homes are cute two-bedroom, two-bath homes with log cabin styling on the outside. There is a large cement driveway/pad on each lot that can accommodate both your vehicles and an RV. We seriously considered purchasing a home there before seeing Cozy Cove.

Here is a home there currently for sale:

http://c21wwcrest.idx.net/details_pa...d=&fpage=&la=1

Good Times in Branson

Last edited by MNtraveler; 10-06-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
The borders are Taneyville to Branson West, and from the Arkansas border to Ozark.........

Thank you....I think......

I'm still looking, thinking a 2/2 or 3/3 condo might suit me better....@ my age....... Do not play golf.......

......don't want 2 houses & yards to maintain.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

I am aware of POA & COA, etc. fees & how they can add to the cost of owning a condo or free-standing home in some communities.....

I keep thinking that somewhere....there is a place/community for "over 55" folks that wouldn't cost me every cent I have....that's why I was asking if anyone knew of any in the Branson area. I think I would like to live in the area; have been traveling to the area for 20+ years..... & I have already learned that the COL, as a whole, is much cheaper than where I am, now....
Old 10-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
I am aware of POA & COA, etc. fees & how they can add to the cost of owning a condo or free-standing home in some communities.....

I keep thinking that somewhere....there is a place/community for "over 55" folks that wouldn't cost me every cent I have....that's why I was asking if anyone knew of any in the Branson area. I think I would like to live in the area; have been traveling to the area for 20+ years..... & I have already learned that the COL, as a whole, is much cheaper than where I am, now....
If you have any interest in the development I linked to, they have an HOA do all exterior maintenance even though they are single family homes. The monthly fee was very reasonable... if I'm remembering properly it was under $100 per month.

Good Times in Branson
Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

The log home is cute.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I thought Branson Hills was supposed to have a section for 55+.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
backrowcenter
Ultra Member

Well, I thought that was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
The borders are Taneyville to Branson West, and from the Arkansas border to Ozark.........

Hey..... that made me chuckle.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
BransonLiving

http://www.realestateground.com/listing.php?id=901361

This condo complex is across the lake taneycomo from Branson.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Barefoot Eddie

There is a 55+ development of condos in Branson at Lakewood Village. Convenient to the hospital & Landing/supercenter/Target. My parents lived there for several years and really enjoyed it. All exterior maintenance, trash pick-up, snow removal, etc is included in the monthly fee. Very nice 2/2, 3/2 units. From the round-about in front of Skaggs, take the east leg onto Parnell drive - just stay on Parnell for 1/4 mile or so until it winds into Lakewood. There is an office in the community center next to the pool.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Thank you for all of the info......keep it coming! Still looking for ideas!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
BMOMAN

Siena at Branson Hills is a 55 plus thats gated with very nice interiors. went through the model the other day with a cousin. www.bransonhillsdevelopment.com and then click on siena.

frankly i like developments with COA and HOA fees as long as its managed by a strong board. it keeps everything clean and maintained. Keeps a lot of the rift raft out
Old 10-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #13
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Would either of you mind giving us a definition for "Rift Raft" or "Riff Raff"?

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #14
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindiet View Post
Would either of you mind giving us a definition for "Rift Raft" or "Riff Raff"?

Thanks!
I think he's talking about me.

Our leaves won't be all picked up (althought they might blow into the neighbors yard today - which would make me true riff raff), and when they are all raked up, dh will probably burn them, or put them in the compost heap, which I dig in frequently. My son is known to drive his car into the yard, and if it's not in the yard, it may be found on a jack in the drive, while he's working on it - he works on it, even if it doesn't NEED worked on.

Actually LIVING in your home and on your property interferes with the pristine image of some housing associations and makes one Riff Raff.

I kinda like the name, don't you?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOMAN View Post
Siena at Branson Hills is a 55 plus thats gated with very nice interiors. went through the model the other day with a cousin. www.bransonhillsdevelopment.com and then click on siena.

frankly i like developments with COA and HOA fees as long as its managed by a strong board. it keeps everything clean and maintained. Keeps a lot of the rift raft out
(you cannot spell....)

If having to live on a budget makes me riff-raff, so be it.....

I am looking for "something" in the $150,000-$200,000 bracket....I know, that with the prices of some of the neighborhoods, I'm just riff-raff..... But, I am still looking.....& I DO appreciate the sincere help I have received.....

Closed Thread