1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Ricky Skaggs at SDC on May 27

He will be at Silver Dollar City's Bluegrass & BBQ Festival.
The Festival opens this Saturday and runs through June 3.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Traci

Ricky Skaggs is a good entertainer. I saw him 1 time back in the 80's when he came to perform @ the bluegrass park here in Neosho. That's been like 20 yrs ago.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Don D
"Smilin Don"

Location: Fort Smith,Ar. 60 Mi.So. of UofA Campus. 3hr drive to Branson.
Rhonda Vincent is at SDC the 15th &16th. She is one of the premier Bluegrass entertainers in the country right now. It is an unreal list of Bluegrass entertainers assembled for this "GREAT FESTIVAL".
"Oh yea", don't forget the Best Barbeque in the country featured in one BIG BARN IN THE USA.
I can't wait to get there!!!
Don...
Old 05-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
littlefriend
Ultra Member

They told me that last year the line to see Ricky SKaggs was all the way up to the hospitality house! They said they got everyone in though!

If you will be there and want a good seat, you better get in line EARLY!

We had to stand in line about 1 1/2 hours to see The Crabb Family last year when they were in Echo Hollow.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Professor Piper
Ultra Member

Location: Branson, Missouri, USA, Planet Earth (Third Rock from the Sun)
Exclamation

Littlefriend, you have READ my mind!!

I was JUST about to post about this very thing!

If you are even entertaining the thought of seeing Ricky at the Echo Hollow show, GET IN LINE EARLY!

Ricky is a BIG draw at SDC and folks will wait in a line that stretches from the entrance to Echo Hollow to the front gates! (I've seen it 2 years in a row)...

I LOVE Ricky Skaggs and am in awe of his amazing talent (He plays, God only knows, how many instruments...Sings like an Angel and is an amazing entertainer)....

Skaggs is, without a doubt, the biggest 'line generator' of any entertainer to play Echo Hollow.

Keep that in mind!

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
Old 05-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
ggh
Super User

Professor Piper,
What is SDC expecting Sunday to be like? CRAZY busy, or just busy? I'd love to come down and see Big Smith, but suspect that having grands with me will mean I won't be sitting down to watch 'm, they'll be wanting to GOooo!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
Professor Piper
Ultra Member

Location: Branson, Missouri, USA, Planet Earth (Third Rock from the Sun)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Professor Piper,
What is SDC expecting Sunday to be like? CRAZY busy, or just busy? I'd love to come down and see Big Smith, but suspect that having grands with me will mean I won't be sitting down to watch 'm, they'll be wanting to GOooo!
ggh,

Sorry sweetie, I don't have a clue...Seeing as I'm only at SDC on Sundays now, I don't have the heads up on what attendance is going to be like...

It will PROBABLY be busy though, if you take into account: Mother's Day, GREAT weather after having such crummy rain for a week, it's the beginning of the Bar-B-Que and Bluegrass Festival, etc...

I would venture to guess it's going to be pretty busy, but not 'crazy busy'...

But then again, you never know...That's the thing about SDC...They could be projecting 8,000 and 15k show up and the other way around!

Just make sure you come to see ME if you are there on a Sunday!

God Bless,

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
Old 05-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
ggh
Super User

I will look you up - and we'll be there, barring an hour wait in traffic (with an 18 month old, and 3 yo in the car dh won't be that patient, lol) We're coming after church.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #9
rzrbkman

SDC should do like some of the major theme parks are doing with their rides so that people don't have to spend a big portion of their day standing in line. When huge crowds are anticipated to visit the park to see a particular artist at Echo Hollow, fans could pick up a ticket, one per person, at the front gate that would guarantee an available seat to see the show and SDC could stipulate that everyone with a ticket has to be inside Echo Hollow 20 minutes before the show or other park visitors who were unable to get a ticket can gain entry to fill up the remainder of the seats. By doing this, those visitors that got tickets to see the show can spend more time in the park seeing other attractions while at the same time knowing they will be able to get into Echo Hollow with their ticket. Those visitors that have tickets and still want to sit up really close will still have to get there earlier, but there are a large number of us who would be satisfied in just knowing that we would be able to get in Echo Hollow and see the show. I've always been able to enjoy the show while sitting at the top. Its just not that fun, especially on a hot day, waiting in such a long line, wondering if there will be seats available and I thought this idea might help a lot of people. What do you think?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
lovemycondo
Grandma of 4 & loving it

Prof Piper,
Thanks for the warning on getting in line early. After reading the comments here I'm not sure if we are going to attend now. If we try it, we'll try to look you up before we head over to the line. As far as getting in line early, what time are you suggesting? We will have 1 and 3 year old grandchildren along which both will miss their late afternoon naps. Because of the missed naps I'm guessing standing in line will not be too much fun. Thanks in advance. Everyone on this board is really helpful to us newbies.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
littlefriend
Ultra Member

When we stood in line to see The Crabb Family, we where there 1 1/2 hours before they opened the gate to get in (which I think is 45 minutes prior to the show starting) and the line started at Echo Hollow, went down to the Red Gold Heritage Hall, looped back around and went by Echo Hollow again and we were standing past the Calico Potato stand (one of the BIG skillets) a little ways up the hill, right at the Thunderation entrance. We had great seats once we got in.

So we were in line 2 hours and 15 minutes BEFORE the show started. I am sure for Ricky Skaggs, it will be a lot more waiting, but once you are in there, it is a blast and worth it, but you will have to stand in line.

Closed Thread