Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
WireRoad

Up Close Concerts to sever ties with Branson

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...WX9Q0BySA50blU
Old 10-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Wow...didnt see THAT coming! I cannot disagree with one single thing he states...as a matter if fact, many if yes in this board have made the exact same observations and statements, over the last several years. I am worried that this pull out by a big name promotor wheeler/dealer in the live entertainment business may be a huge "black eye" for Branson...one that in all honesty, could discourage future promoters in coming to town. But...it needed to be said, and he said it well. Hopefully now, the PTB in Branson will receive this as a HUGE wake up call to change the way things are being done in Branson, behindvthe scenes.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Wow...didnt see THAT coming! I cannot disagree with one single thing he states...as a matter if fact, many if yes in this board have made the exact same observations and statements, over the last several years. I am worried that this pull out by a big name promotor wheeler/dealer in the live entertainment business may be a huge "black eye" for Branson...one that in all honesty, could discourage future promoters in coming to town. But...it needed to be said, and he said it well. Hopefully now, the PTB in Branson will receive this as a HUGE wake up call to change the way things are being done in Branson, behindvthe scenes.
Thank you leftsaidted. As I mentioned in the article, this was a very difficult personal decision because of my love for Branson and the people in the town, and that includes the numerous hard-working entertainers who bust their butts trying to make their shows a success. I have been inundated with calls, emails and texts from business people in town thanking me for speaking out. I assure you, there’s a long line of others who feel the same as I, but they are scared to speak up for fear of repercussion.

We have tried for a very long time to work behind the scenes with the people who make those bad decisions, even telling them that if things didn’t improve it would be necessary for us to leave the market. They all thought I was bluffing and that I would not take a successful business out of town, and unfortunately after a couple years of struggling to get even a simple answer to many questions it became necessary to make this decision.

We still have a lot of fun stuff coming up in 2020, including some contracts we have signed but not yet announced. And of course we will be increasing our shows in Springfield at the beautiful Juanita K. Hammons Hall. Later today we are announcing another event which will be an exciting addition to the Branson Elvis Festival next year. So we hope folks don’t give up on us yet, we want to make the next year the best ever and we will continue working hard to present a quality product. And on behalf of all of those folks who called me with kind words, if you have a show in town you really enjoy please tell your friends about it, ask them to buy tickets from the box office or reputable ticket outlets, and let these entertainers know how much you appreciate their work.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hopefully now, the PTB in Branson will receive this as a HUGE wake up call to change the way things are being done in Branson, behind the scenes.
I hope so too, but I seriously doubt it. They've now blown off the only production co. bringing "name" entertainers to Branson. Why? What did they gain? The ones steering this Branson bus keep shooting themselves (and everyone else) in the foot. I don't think the new mayor really cares much about Branson music shows. And what about the "Theatre Commission"? What happened with that deal? And what about that $75k Branson Chamber Theatre Study? $75k for WHAT? I've been here 32 yrs. and it's sad to watch.

Closed Thread