1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Yakov?

Can someone tell me if children would enjoy and understand the comedy at this show? We have booked Mickey Gilley but IM afraid the kids wont enjoy it. I have always wanted to see Mickey or Yakov. Which would they enjoy more. Ages 10, and 12
Old 05-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
donella

They would probably like the Haygoods better.They are a very talented family all brothers and 1 sister and play many instruments and have some comedy too.We went to Yakov a couple summers ago and my girls were 13 and 15 and they didn't seem to enjoy it much but they always want to go back to the Haygoods or a magic show would also be good too.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

We took our 3 to Yakov last year when they were 5, 9 and 11. The two younger were very inticed by Yakov's ads and billboards. They didn't *not* enjoy it, but it definitely wasn't their favorite. Much of the humor is more adult -- not adult oriented as in sexual, but just for a more mature audience. For example, my kids really loved the physical comedy of the other comedian (can't remember his name!), but during Yakov, there were periods where they struggled to pay attention.

It was a good show. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Not one we're planning to see again anytime soon, but a good show.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

donella

I din't see The Haygoods as one of his choices.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Double Mom
Packer Fan

DH and I have never taken younger children to Yakov's show, our kids are in their 20's. I do have day care kids, ages 2,4,8, and 11 that love to watch the video that my in-laws and I pass back and forth to each other from his show. There is so much more to the show than just Yakov, Slim Chance is very good and when Yakov and Slim do skits together they are so funny, the dancers in the show are good too. The kids I watch are Yakov fans, especially the 4 year old, not all kids may like it, but I know mine sure do!

Closed Thread