1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 10-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Question Power Recliner

I have terrible knees and it's often difficult and painful to go from a sitting position to a standing position I've been thinking that a power recliner with a seat that lifts will help with this situation. If anyone has one, I'd appreciate any tips / suggestions before actually making a purchase. Thanks for your help!
LynndaofNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Power recliner was a great help to my husband. He had bad legs overall including the knees and the chair brought him to a standing position. Helped both of us because I didn't have to try to help him get up either.
lsheagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Can't help you with any tips, but I know of a person that had very severe crippling hip condition that used a power/lift recliner to help him get up to his walker. It made a huge difference in the quality of his life and independence. If it helps your pain and eases your effort of getting you mobile, by all means go for it, after shopping around of course.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

If you search "power recliners" on Amazon you can learn a lot about what is available, what people think of them, and how the prices compare. You may not want to buy via mail order, but you can still do some valuable research.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I am enjoying the power lift recliner that was delivered just days ago to me. I bought it at Best Home Furnishings locally, but they also sell through other retailers. They are custom made in the USA, in Jasper Indiana. They offer a huge choice of fabrics and options. Google for their website. Warning: they are not inexpensive, but they do run frequent sales specials, also free delivery.

I was lucky. They have a large display showroom only about a mile from me, and their warehouse happened to have in stock the recliner that I chose, even the color of leather that I wanted; so I got immediate delivery, But their normal turnaround time to make and deliver your furniture is three weeks or less.
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote