1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 09-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Late September around town

Was in Branson Wednesday and Thursday. On our way to Ozark Valley Inn we noticed that progress had been made at the waterpark site next to Drafts. There is equipment on the site again. The parking lot has been paved and a wooden rail fence is up.

Went to the opening night of Pumpkin Nights at SDC and I posted about that in the Pumpkin Nights thread in the attractions forum. We drove by the Mansion on our way back to the motel after eating at Chili's. Large number of cars at the Mansion for the Oak Ridge Boys concert. The Oaks are performing on Wednesday and Thursday nights through November. Good to see the Mansion really being used again. On Wednesday and Thursday the theater was being used twice a day -- Dailey and Vincent at 3 pm and the Oaks at 8 pm. Other concerts in October include the Gatlin Brothers, Neal McCoy, Gene Watson, Ronnie Milsap, the Bellamy Brothers, and Country's Family Reunion.

When we drove by Pierce Arrow theater on Wednesday and Thursday nights there were a large number of cars as well as on Thursday morning for the Doug Gabriel show. On the marquee at Shoji's Theater it says his show starts at the Clay Cooper Theater on September 30, and it says that the box office is open. I guess that explains cars being at the theater during the day. I wonder if you can still go in and see the bathrooms?

Saw about 20 cars at Choices on Thursday evening. Looking forward to checking it out some time in the future. Gary Morris will be there October 5.

For free entertainment the College of the Ozarks is presenting the patriotic play "Four Star Country Boy" at 2 pm on October 1, 3, 8, 15, 17, 22, 24, and 29, and 3 pm on October 12. No tickets are needed, seating is first come, first served. I think there are also some November dates. More info can be found at the website cofo.edu.

Ruby Tuesday was packed on Thursday night due to an email special -- half rack of ribs for 7.99, garden bar for 5, both for 11.99 -- no coupon was needed. There is another email special for Sunday 9/29, 4 pm to close, crispy or grilled chicken sandwich for 3.99, garden bar for 5, both for 7.99 -- again no coupon needed.

From the sign out front and the ad in BTW (Branson This Week, free entertainment paper from Branson Tri-Lakes) the ongoing special at Draft's is a 10 oz top sirloin with a salad and 2 sides for 10.95 or a 1/2 lb burger and 1 side for 8.95.

BTW also had an article about all of the upcoming October concerts by Up Close Concerts at the Welk and American Bandstand Theaters, upcloseconcerts.com. BTW comes out on Wednesdays and can be found in many locations around town. BTW also had coupons for Hughes Music Show tickets and Pizza Ranch game cards. The free Branson Register had coupons for the Presleys and coupons for locals for 3 things at Grand Country.

I mentioned in my late August thread that there was a new building going up next to Aaron's on 248. There is now a sign that indicates the new building will be Nature's Wonders, a health and wellness store. There is currently a location in Harrison AR that has been in Harrison for a long time. They sell health food, organic produce, supplements, etc.

Checked out the new Hulland Park in Hollister. We saw some blue herons along the shoreline. Besides having a launch ramp for canoes and kayaks, there are benches and picnic tables spread around the park. It's a shady, peaceful place.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Great info---Thanks Biscuit

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Checked out the new Hulland Park in Hollister. We saw some blue herons along the shoreline. Besides having a launch ramp for canoes and kayaks, there are benches and picnic tables spread around the park. It's a shady, peaceful place.
Have they done anything with the old stone house? It would make a great visitor's center or pavilion, and public restrooms.
But I guess without some sort of security it could lead to problems.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Have they done anything with the old stone house? It would make a great visitor's center or pavilion, and public restrooms.
But I guess without some sort of security it could lead to problems.
Didn't look like anything had been done to it. Did notice that 1 mobile home was still in the park area, was wondering if it was going to be removed.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Wow! What a great informative post! Thanks!
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Didn't look like anything had been done to it. Did notice that 1 mobile home was still in the park area, was wondering if it was going to be removed.
Yes, I saw that trailer early this spring while I was fishing up in the creek. Thought it was really out of place in the middle of a beautiful park. That was April I think, and it looked like someone was still living in it.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:53 AM   #7
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Thanks BC for a most informative post. You do a great job of keeping all of us that aren't there 24/7 up on what is going on and it is appreciated.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote