1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Do you shop at Stage, Bealls or..

… any other stores that come under the Stage branding?

say bye bye because they will be no more. going to be rebranded with a new name Gordmans and a new concept called off price. looking at some of the pics of places that have already been converted sort of looks like a giant garage sale. also 40 of them to be closed nationwide.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
… any other stores that come under the Stage branding?

say bye bye because they will be no more. going to be rebranded with a new name Gordmans and a new concept called off price. looking at some of the pics of places that have already been converted sort of looks like a giant garage sale. also 40 of them to be closed nationwide.
Love Gordmans!
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
RevRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Love Gordmans!
Hummm .... I though Gordman's went "belly-up" by way of bankruptcy. So they're bringung it back?
RevRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
OkieAnon

sounds like Stage bought Gordmans and plans to use the name, I don't think it's the old Gordmans from the sound of it. they call it "off price" or something like that. supposed to be a lot of clearance type items, mark down stuff.

Gordmans doesn't really have a web site that I could find, there was a front page Gordmans but you couldn't go on in and look at products.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #5
jhnwia

Gordmans was originally Richman Gordman, then turned into The Half-Price Store, with seconds and closeouts. Then they went more upscale and became Gordmans. Stage bought Gordman out of bankruptcy. Sounds like they might be reviving Gordman's old half-price concept.
jhnwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:57 AM   #6
shis1
Str8fn

Daughter today told me about her experience at a Gordmans that just opened in her area. Said her first visit to this new store will probably be her last. Said the store was ‘junky and a mess’. The inventory was stacked, even on the floors. No room to push a cart around. Horrible experience. And she had liked the Gordman stores in the Blue Springs-Independence areas.
shis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

More details in this article from Chain Store Age:

https://www.chainstoreage.com/financ...-to-60-others/

As of March Stage had 700 stores -- Stage, Beall's, Palais Royal, Goody's, and Peebles plus had 87 Gordmans stores. In some places in Arkansas Stage is one of the few options for buying clothes other than Walmart.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
OkieAnon

yea where i'm at out in the boonies you got the Stage and Walmart a few miles away then there's …. well there is.... shoot there's nothing for men, couple small women's clothing stores but for us guys about a 90 min drive to a Penny's or a 2 and a half to 3 hour drive to OKC if we need something.

I still have trouble after all these years calling the Stage store... Stage, no I'm more apt to say lets go to ANTHONY'S
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

Springfield has had a Gordman's store for 20 years, maybe longer - it's never been a mess when I've been in there - but much more like TJMaxx or Marshall's, things are sorted, clothes are hanging, and most of it is about 50% off the JCPenny full price.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #10
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
yea where i'm at out in the boonies you got the Stage and Walmart a few miles away then there's …. well there is.... shoot there's nothing for men, couple small women's clothing stores but for us guys about a 90 min drive to a Penny's or a 2 and a half to 3 hour drive to OKC if we need something.

I still have trouble after all these years calling the Stage store... Stage, no I'm more apt to say lets go to ANTHONY'S
Hey, Okie, I remember shopping at Anthony's when I was a kid in Oklahoma. We bought a lot of clothes there.

ggh, have you been to Gordman's in Springfield since it moved to the former Toys 'R Us building?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote