1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Can we assume since the RFD Theater has been sold it will be part of the shuffle? Or is it going to be yet another mega church?
Maybe bulldozed for a go kart teack, or giant swing.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #17
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
For the record, this will be only the third different theatre they’ve been in since coming to town 13 years ago. They were at Hughes Brothers for 5 years, Gilley’ stories 5, then back at Hughes. Now going to Dick Clark. Really not a bad track record at all.
Do you really think their fans will care that this will be the 3rd theater this show has been in in the past 13 years? SIX is one of a few shows that we and a group of friends try to see at least once a year. Their show always has something new, is professional, and is always good entertainment. I believe that is some of the more important reasons their seats are more likely to be full.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #18
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I don’t really have any concerns about SIX or where they end up again this year, I feel they will be successful. What I AM concerned about is what is going to happen to Legends in Concert, as it is, I believe the last of the “big name” national acts left in town. Dick Clarks American Bandstand/Legends is a globally recognized brand..,I am hoping Branson is not going to be losing that anytime soon. Well, upon consideration, I guess Mickey Gilles is also a “national” big name act and theatre....
Old 12-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #19
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
I don’t really have any concerns about SIX or where they end up again this year, I feel they will be successful. What I AM concerned about is what is going to happen to Legends in Concert, as it is, I believe the last of the “big name” national acts left in town. Dick Clarks American Bandstand/Legends is a globally recognized brand..,I am hoping Branson is not going to be losing that anytime soon. Well, upon consideration, I guess Mickey Gilles is also a “national” big name act and theatre....
Legends in Concert will still be here. Very much so. I think they'll just be cutting back on the number of shows they'll be doing.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
TimHaygood

six

They are awesome and will do great wherever they go. Super nice guys offstage behind the scenes as well....
Old 12-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #21
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHaygood View Post
They are awesome and will do great wherever they go. Super nice guys offstage behind the scenes as well....
The Haygoods are another awesome group that will do great wherever they go!
Old 12-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #22
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHaygood View Post
I happen to totally agree.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:15 PM   #23
Southstarz

Looks like Doug Gabriel is moving to the Branson Famous Theater next year.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #24
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Anyone know anything about the Blackwoods? I saw one schedule for then on a site it only listed one show a month. I think it was bransonshows.com
Old 12-22-2019, 09:41 PM   #25
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
Anyone know anything about the Blackwoods? I saw one schedule for then on a site it only listed one show a month. I think it was bransonshows.com
I was wondering about that myself with news of Doug Gabriel going over to Branson Famous Theatre...
Old 12-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #26
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Doug Gabriel...the Rodney Dangerfield of Branson, IMO. The man works his tail off, puts on a really good show, has a fabulous voice, a great personality...yet is never quite in the "limelight" of shows, theatres, etc.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #27
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Saw over the weekend, Billy Yates will not be at the Choices Concert Hall next year..

He/they started late in the year... I am sure with the late start and poor attendance he decided to try something else.
Too bad, I think they had a great idea at that Venue. You just cant start an all new show in September and expect it to take off overnight..

Hoping Choices can find new entertainers and shows for next year, I know they were working on it already..

I really liked that Venue.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #28
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Saw over the weekend, Billy Yates will not be at the Choices Concert Hall next year..

He/they started late in the year... I am sure with the late start and poor attendance he decided to try something else.
Too bad, I think they had a great idea at that Venue. You just cant start an all new show in September and expect it to take off overnight..

Hoping Choices can find new entertainers and shows for next year, I know they were working on it already..

I really liked that Venue.
Sure hate to hear that ... had hoped to check it out.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #29
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Sure hate to hear that ... had hoped to check it out.
It was a pretty good show, Had a couple of kinks to work out in it, like any other new show, but it would have come around ok.

He just started it too late in the year. Would have been a big draw next season, no doubt.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #30
MLM

Actually you start marketing in August or September for the next season. You’re not going to have a great season if you don’t bring a lot of money with you and stay ahead of the game marketingwise. You can’t just open the doors and expect word of mouth to carry you.

Closed Thread