1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

RFD Theater SOLD again

I mentioned in my Chit Chat thread that I noticed the RFD Theater had a SOLD sign -- again. Has anyone heard anything about the buyer?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Probably someone that didn't want to pay the astronomically high asking price for the Moon River Theater.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

No rumors yet?
Old 12-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
No rumors yet?
Kid Rock is what I heard.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Probably someone that didn't want to pay the astronomically high asking price for the Moon River Theater.
Actully Moon River at 7.5 mil isnt that bad of price.. There is a lot of real estate on that property...

Make a great place to tear down building,
and put in go-carts,
ferris wheel,
mini golf,
Zip lines,
Mountain Coaster,
Shot tower,
or any other combination of that nonsense...

Or maybe use building for an Aquarium? or Museum?
Old 12-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #6
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Actully Moon River at 7.5 mil isnt that bad of price.. There is a lot of real estate on that property...

Make a great place to tear down building,
and put in go-carts,
ferris wheel,
mini golf,
Zip lines,
Mountain Coaster,
Shot tower,
or any other combination of that nonsense...

Or maybe use building for an Aquarium? or Museum?
Moon River is only $6.7 million, a bargain! I hear RFD is going to be the base for a gondola which will take you over to Moon River where you will experience a one way go cart ride down the hill. At that point a Tony Orlando tribute artist will introduce you to a timeshare sales person who will give you tickets to enjoy an “all you can eat” buffet in exchange for between two and eleven hours of your time to learn about the wonderful investment opportunities waiting for you with a contract you will never be able to escape. But, that’s just a rumor.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
Moon River is only $6.7 million, a bargain! I hear RFD is going to be the base for a gondola which will take you over to Moon River where you will experience a one way go cart ride down the hill. At that point a Tony Orlando tribute artist will introduce you to a timeshare sales person who will give you tickets to enjoy an “all you can eat” buffet in exchange for between two and eleven hours of your time to learn about the wonderful investment opportunities waiting for you with a contract you will never be able to escape. But, that’s just a rumor.
You forgot the mega church!
Old 12-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #8
TJefferson
Banned

Quote:
You will want to buy near the NASCAR track that is being put in by Disney.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Well, the sold sign was gone on 1/16 and the Vinton for sale banner is back up.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Well, the sold sign was gone on 1/16 and the Vinton for sale banner is back up.
Listed at $4.75 million. Seems to be the standard operating procedure for theaters to be “sold” and then have the deal fall through in Branson. Like just about every other theater listed for sale this one is way overpriced. There is no market for folks looking to purchase a theater in town, you could never make back your money. As I mentioned in another post the best hope is to sell a theater to a very wealthy person who buys it as a hobby with tens of millions of dollars in disposable cash. Unfortunately people who get to be that wealthy don’t do it by making bad business decisions, so it really has to be someone who wants to have a theater as a toy.

http://www.vintonrealty.com/Commerci...anson-mo-65616
Old 02-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #11
Branson Friend

Moon River Theater, excuse me, I mean “Andy Williams Performing Arts Center,” price has dropped to $5,995,000. Price cut of $700,000 in just three months. Still too high.

https://svnrankinco.com/property-listings/
Old 02-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #12
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Listed at $4.75 million. Seems to be the standard operating procedure for theaters to be “sold” and then have the deal fall through in Branson. Like just about every other theater listed for sale this one is way overpriced. There is no market for folks looking to purchase a theater in town, you could never make back your money. As I mentioned in another post the best hope is to sell a theater to a very wealthy person who buys it as a hobby with tens of millions of dollars in disposable cash. Unfortunately people who get to be that wealthy don’t do it by making bad business decisions, so it really has to be someone who wants to have a theater as a toy.

http://www.vintonrealty.com/Commerci...anson-mo-65616
A lot of these old theatres are technically obsolete and need amenity updates. Add that fact to the overpriced valuations and you have properties that will rot into the ground. There used to be a "Theatre district" before people just bought vacant land in the middle of the woods and built their attraction there. Big names don't want to be stuck in Branson year-round, so they're not coming here to buy a theatre.

Maybe we can find some more money-launderers to book a tribute act.

Closed Thread