Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Downtown Thrift Store\ Flea Markets

Called, naturally, Downtown Treasures.

128 Veterans Blvd or just off Main St. 128 S. Business 65, http://www.downtowntreasuresbranson.com
Old 06-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
New Downtown Thrift Store
Well, may not be as "thrifty" as first implied by your thread title

Quote:
Resale items, gifts, home decor, vintage items, uniqueables, art and more... Downtown Treasures is located in the heart of downtown Branson MO., just off Main St. 128 S. Business 65, Branson, MO, 65616.
Sounds more like an antique, collectables, and art shop. When I think "thrift shop", I think the Dollar Store.
Still will be a place DW will want to check out.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Called, naturally, Downtown Treasures.

128 Veterans Blvd or just off Main St. 128 S. Business 65, http://www.downtowntreasuresbranson.com
I know some folks that go on a regular basis and a store like that would be of interest to them, i'll have to try and remember to tell them about it before their next visit.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Smile

I've been there...it's more of a flea market...with some antiques thrown in, like they all have. I know the owner, she managed Rob' s Flea Market in Harrison and decided to move to Branson and open her own shop. She has some local crafters merchandise, some antiques and some flea market stuff. A very cute little shop...run by a very sweet lady. One of the main reasons we go to Branson so often is for me to flea market shop...and I walk out of this one with a couple of bags full every time...
Old 06-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I've only seen photos of the inside of Downtown Treasures and it looks like a place I would want to see in person.
Another interesting place to visit in downtown Branson.
And I have heard some good things about the store from friends so I wanted to alert those who are like me and who like to plan our next Branson Trip.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Another Thrift Store

http://rileystreasures.net/tablet/index.html

215 Veterans Blvd
Old 08-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
Hollywood
Administrator

There are several flea markets in the downtown area. If you are heading down 76 toward the Branson Landing there are 4 flea markets in between the corner of Walgreens/Branson Pawn on down the hill. One is next to the spice store. Another has an OPC on the ground level and you walk by them downstairs to see the flea market booths. The other two are across the street down the hill a little further. There is also another one where the Apple Market used to be next to Ozark Mtn Bank.

There are some treasures in these stores, you of course just need to know what you are looking for.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
When I think "thrift shop", I think...
.... I think, "We've done the garage sale shopping for you and will gladly sell you the stuff we picked up at twice the price you could have gotten for yourself if you would have been as dedicated to finding bargains as we were."
Old 08-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
.... I think, "We've done the garage sale shopping for you and will gladly sell you the stuff we picked up at twice the price you could have gotten for yourself if you would have been as dedicated to finding bargains as we were."
You make a valid point. Someone has taken the time and bought the gas to drive around looking for items to put in their flea market booth. So I am paying for that plus their knowledge of whats on trend or what is valuable because its vintage. And I think that's fine with me.
I've had a lot of fun shopping in Branson with friends... From Belks to Flea Markets.

Last edited by Suselit; 08-11-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
You make a valid point. Someone has taken the time and bought the gas to drive around looking for items to put in their flea market booth. So I am paying for that plus their knowledge of whats on trend or what is valuable because its vintage. And I think that's fine with me.
I've had a lot of fun shopping in Branson with friends... From Belks to Flea Markets.
I guess what I was trying to say is... thrift stores have a lot of JUNK inside that someone didn't want.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #11
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Could Use Some Detective Work

For you thrift shop regulars, I'm trying to find some spice bottles. Clearly a picture would be useful, but I can't get the pic from my phone to my computer and my regular camera has gone to Ireland with DW.
These bottles are round, have a glass top (stopper) and stand 4 inches tall. I use them for a collection of sand samples from beaches we have been to. Have about 30 now, but I also have a backlog of 5 sand samples that I'd like to display with the others.
I'm pretty sure the ladies know what these spice bottles look like, so please yell at me if you see some.
Meanwhile, I'll try to find a way to post a picture..

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 08-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #12
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
For you thrift shop regulars, I'm trying to find some spice bottles. Clearly a picture would be useful, but I can't get the pic from my phone to my computer and my regular camera has gone to Ireland with DW.
These bottles are round, have a glass top (stopper) and stand 4 inches tall. I use them for a collection of sand samples from beaches we have been to. Have about 30 now, but I also have a backlog of 5 sand samples that I'd like to display with the others.
I'm pretty sure the ladies know what these spice bottles look like, so please yell at me if you see some.
Meanwhile, I'll try to find a way to post a picture..
I wonder if the Spice Store in Downtown Branson would carry these bottles?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #13
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
I wonder if the Spice Store in Downtown Branson would carry these bottles?
Ok, I found a picture.
The Spice Store is worth a check, but what I have found is that once you leave the flea market network, people tend to price these like they were gold.
Flea market $1 to $3
Other places and online--$5 to $10.

They are 4 inches tall including the top.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 08-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #14
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Ok, I found a picture.
The Spice Store is worth a check, but what I have found is that once you leave the flea market network, people tend to price these like they were gold.
Flea market $1 to $3
Other places and online--$5 to $10.

They are 4 inches tall including the top.
Fabulous idea! I wish I had done what you have done....perhaps its not too late to copy your collection. I will just have to revisit a lot of beaches! Or better yet, start collections now for my young grand children when we visit beaches together.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #15
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Fabulous idea! I wish I had done what you have done....perhaps its not too late to copy your collection. I will just have to revisit a lot of beaches! Or better yet, start collections now for my young grand children when we visit beaches together.
Yeah, they look pretty cool all together, it's quite amazing the different types that exist. We actually started a bit late, so we are short lots of sand, but we ask people who may be going to one of the missed destinations to bring some back for us.
Funny how a bottle of sand is capable of bringing back so many memories.

Closed Thread