1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
BRANSONMALL

Branson Mall-What to do in the theatre?

I would like all of your opinions on the theatre space in the Branson Mall! Should we produce a new show, bring in an old one, do something entirely different than a show? We are in the final planning stages of the mall and I would love the input of those that KNOW and CARE about Branson so much. Please keep this friendly and respect others opinion. Thank you!

Julia Dowell
Director of Sales and Marketing
The Branson Mall
417-631-2920
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Bring back "Lost in the 50's" or "At the Hop".......
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

Are you going to have the 'free stage ' like before? Will that draw crowds that might otherwise patronize a theater show ?
Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
BRANSONMALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
Are you going to have the 'free stage ' like before? Will that draw crowds that might otherwise patronize a theater show ?
This brings up a good point. From what I have been told the show and the "center stage" entertainment competed with each other and it wasn't always in a good way. The idea, potentially, will be to still offer the free live music like before but possibly in a slightly different way.

I am reaching out to all of you to get your thoughts, feelings, opinions, and expertise on what the area needs, wants, desires, and vice versa.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
BRANSONMALL

I have heard this idea several times. Do you think with the changing times that show will still draw a crowd?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
shis1
Str8fn

We have watched many of the shows on the Center Stage, and have moved on to seeing some of those shows in theaters; one particular show we have seen many times in their dinner theater setting. On the other hand, we have never attended a show in the theater there at the Mall. I think the reason we have not patronized the theater is because of the fact that we usually go to the 'country' shows and I don't remember ever knowing of a country show there. As far as the 2 'venues' competing, we have often heard the entertainers on the Center Stage promoting the shows in the theater. In all fairness, I think that we would probably not attend shows in the theater, but would continue to watch entertainers on the Center Stage. And before someone brings up the fact of 'ticket prices, that is not a factor for us----we always add to the tip jars after the shows, and some tips are more generous than others----depending on the show and how much we enjoyed it.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #7
momstang67

I would love to see the craft store come back, the center stage music was fantastic DH would be entertained while I shopped. We have seen many of the shows at the theater there also. Would also like to see the store that had all the oddities (I can't remember the name thinking it
was Hicks & Sticks or something like that--really miss these stores.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #8
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

How large is the theater & what was playing there in the past or at the time of the tornado? I'm not sure whether I've ever been there for a show.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Have seen many shows in the theatre there, Number One Hits of the 60's; 50's at the Hop (man, don't we all miss the Dreamdates and beautiful Hoppettes??? What a fun show) ; Rock Roll and Reminisce; Top 10 Rock and Roll Review; Heck even went and saw Marie Osmond (selling her "super" chocolate, thought it was going to be a show, bummer!). And some even before these that I can't even remember anymore. The theatre is fun, old fashioned, reminding one of Branson in the old days, stage is low enough to where the audience feels part of the act, no straining of necks, etc.
Glad to see it reopening.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
How large is the theater & what was playing there in the past or at the time of the tornado? I'm not sure whether I've ever been there for a show.
At the time of the "Leap Day Tornado", the following shows were anticipating performing at the theater:

Jim Owen
Rock It
Bill Chrastil Show
Fercos Brothers Untamed Illusions
Club Mario Show.

The theater had a 500-seat capacity.

#2—IT OPENED IN JULY OF 1992 WITH THREE SHOWS: THE BLACKWOOD GOSPEL SHOW IN THE MORNING, EDDIE CASH SHOW IN THE AFTERNOON, AND JIM OWEN IN THE EVENING SLOT.

Through the years there were many great shows that appeared in the theater.

Personally, I would like to see what has been the "Center Stage" with free entertainment turned into an area where various art and science exhibits could be rotated and some of the work from the local schools could be spotlighted.

With the economy the way it is, in my opinion, the show producers are trying to make ends meet and put on good shows and still be able to make a decent living. Free shows, again in my opinion, do not add to the number of paying audience members in other shows but take away from it. I have heard many people say they were able to see three free shows on their vacation and didn't have to pay to see any other shows. The "tip jar" does not add beautiful theaters I would like to see on 76, Shepherd of the Hills, Highway 248, etc. etc. And, I seriously doubt the money people put in the tip jar even begins to equal what they would pay to go to a normal theater and help the Branson economy. There are benefits and Area Appreciation days when audiences are able to see their favorite shows and performers and I think that is great; however, to make it a free show every day puts an added burden on the theaters, producers and entertainers. If we want Branson to be an exciting, interesting, fun place to visit, those are the people we need to support.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
TheFatElvis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Bring back "Lost in the 50's" or "At the Hop".......
Bad idea. Why? That show was Marvin Short. And Marvin Short now has a show in Sedona, Arizona.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatElvis View Post
Bad idea. Why? That show was Marvin Short. And Marvin Short now has a show in Sedona, Arizona.
Very true!!! Marvin made that show!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Personally, I would like to see what has been the "Center Stage" with free entertainment turned into an area where various art and science exhibits could be rotated and some of the work from the local schools could be spotlighted.

With the economy the way it is, in my opinion, the show producers are trying to make ends meet and put on good shows and still be able to make a decent living. Free shows, again in my opinion, do not add to the number of paying audience members in other shows but take away from it. I have heard many people say they were able to see three free shows on their vacation and didn't have to pay to see any other shows. The "tip jar" does not add beautiful theaters I would like to see on 76, Shepherd of the Hills, Highway 248, etc. etc. And, I seriously doubt the money people put in the tip jar even begins to equal what they would pay to go to a normal theater and help the Branson economy. There are benefits and Area Appreciation days when audiences are able to see their favorite shows and performers and I think that is great; however, to make it a free show every day puts an added burden on the theaters, producers and entertainers. If we want Branson to be an exciting, interesting, fun place to visit, those are the people we need to support.

VERY well said!!!! And that is hard for me to say because I had several very dear friends who performed on "Center Stage".
Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
VERY well said!!!! And that is hard for me to say because I had several very dear friends who performed on "Center Stage".
Thank you so much for the kind words.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

OK, so, building off of what NOT JLB says, "innovating something new and different: and a "best of Branson" type of thing, due to the high volume of visitor traffic, here goes:
Do a show in the theatre that is a BRANSON TRIBUTE SHOW. The entire show would be a tribute and a sampling of ALL the shows in Branson. Each theatre would be represented with a stage background setting showing a photo of the outside of said theatre with it's name in large letters, and the "tribute artist" on stage would be dressed as the main performer(s) in that theatre, and would perform, say, two songs of the type and in the manner of that person, with correct custumes, wigs, everything. Then the theatre stage would go dark for a quick minute, and another theatre would be represented by a quick change of stage articles, and the lights go back up, and there he is, a Clay Cooper tribute artist, and then a Ranking Brothers tribute artist, and then a SIX tribute artist(s), and then a Shoji tribute artist, and on and on.
Then, at intermission, besides the concession stand goodies, the box office is open, and is selling tickets to ALL the theatres in Branson, along with handing out brochures of all the theatres. This way, new visitors to town would get to literally experience what each show was like in town before making their purchase, and would become excited about seeing "that" show after having a sample of it. Then back in for another hour of the Branson Tributes, and more ticket sales after the show ends.
Blatant advertising? Yes. But in a really fun way. I don't see why every theatre would not wish to contribute and give permission for a literal tribute to be done of their act(s), and it would boost their personal sales.
Well, like it or hate it, I have made a suggestion for something that I don't believe has ever been done in Branson. Would it be successful? I think so, but who knows? Sure beats doing the same old, over and over.

Closed Thread