1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Lone Star Steakhouse

After hearing good things about Lone Star I thought I would give it a try. It's been quite some time since my not so favorable experience there before. At that time the biggest complaint was the poor service, and exceptionally long wait for our food. Not a problem this time. The service was fine, with one minor exception, and the food was brought out promptly. On the minus side of the service, while every place pushes the appetizers, I didn't need to hear they "were having a contest selling them" as the server told me. Seems like a bit of begging, doesn't it? On the plus side, and I don't know if it was because we were fairly early being there around 5:00 PM, but we were not bothered by the all to familiar Branson restaurant picture taker. Evil gremlins nearly on a par with time shareable people.
Now the food. I'll start with DW's choice.The half slab of baby back ribs, side salad, and green beans. She enjoyed the ribs, fall of the bone tender, and with just the right amount of sauce that she said was very good. The salad fresh, and crisp, and the green beans cooked from fresh, and a bit crispy. Just how she likes them. They also served a loaf of fresh baked brown bread with the salads that was very good.
Don't remember the price, but probably in line with most.
Now, the not so impressive, my ribeye steak. Or at least that's what I ordered, so I guess it's what I got. A couple bucks higher than MM at $21.95, but a couple ounces more at 14 oz vs The 12oz I usually get at MM. But it just didn't look like a ribeye, and was a bit on the chewy side as well. Medium rare, and they did get that pretty close. It was juicy, and had good flavor, but appeared to me more like a sirloin. Thick, and a kind of squared off rectangle. Maybe it's just how they trim them or something. I'll try it again some time, because DW did really like the place. But as for me, I see no reason to leave Montana for the stars.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I almost went there when I was in Branson a week or so ago. I don't usually go to chains when I'm in a town with a good supply of great local restaurants, but I was hungry for a steak. Instead, I went to Charlie's steak ribs and ale
& ordered a ribeye. It was a disappointment. The slab of meat was one half to two thirds fat, and I do mean fat, fat, fat-not "marbling"! When finished, my plate had a huge pile of fat on it. I was wishing I had gone to Lonestar. Now maybe not so much. . I cooked myself three ribeyes in the past 10 days here at home, that I bought on sale at Dierberg's. A much, much better meal!

If I ever return to Charlie's, it would not be for a steak.

Closed Thread