1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,373
Lone Star Steak House

Dinner there tonight. I had a $15 coupon they sent for my birthday. My steak had to be sent back, I ordered it cooked medium well, and it was rare! Also had twice baked potato and a salad. Then the server brought out a birthday dessert! Brownie (warmed) with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel syrup. Rich! It was huge! I 'tasted' it and dh ate it!
Other than having to send my steak back, the food and the service were great! One of the best meals we've had at Lone Star in a long time!
shis1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member
 
kansashusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,170
Wow - what a dessert!! We haven't been to Lone Star in Branson in several years and liked it when we were there but there are so many places to choose from.
kansashusker is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,143
Thanks for the review! It's been a long time since we've eaten at Lone Star.
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member
 
Blaze2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 20,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
Dinner there tonight. I had a $15 coupon they sent for my birthday. My steak had to be sent back, I ordered it cooked medium well, and it was rare! Also had twice baked potato and a salad. Then the server brought out a birthday dessert! Brownie (warmed) with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel syrup. Rich! It was huge! I 'tasted' it and dh ate it!
Other than having to send my steak back, the food and the service were great! One of the best meals we've had at Lone Star in a long time!
One just can't beat a GOOD steak! The server may have brought
you someone else's steak! We've eaten there before & liked it.
We also eat at the ones in Texas also, as posted above, one can't
beat a good steak!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again!
Blaze2 is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
KJN
Super Ultra Member
 
KJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: central Iowa
Posts: 4,947
We like Lonestar. Ate there twice on our summer trip. Shis1, sure wish we were in Branson now, would be nice to visit with you again.
KJN is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
tlhfirelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 194
have eaten there twice and had great food both times.
tlhfirelion is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
We like Lonestar. Ate there twice on our summer trip. Shis1, sure wish we were in Branson now, would be nice to visit with you again.
I wish you all were here in Branson too. We've gotten to see a couple of Board Buddies today, and one DH, would be nice to visit with you and Erv too!
Next year! (You're not coming in November, are you?)
shis1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
KJN
Super Ultra Member
 
KJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: central Iowa
Posts: 4,947
I'm so sad. We're not coming in Nov. It'll be next summer. I'll just have to get my Branson fix by reading this board.
KJN is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Cheesecake
Moooooooo
 
Cheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 33,781
Love love love Lonestar.
We eat there EVERYTIME we are there......
Cheesecake is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor
 
kidfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Branson Native
Posts: 638
Thumbs up

I hit Lone Star Steakhouse in Branson often. Food's consistently good and the servers are always attentive. It's also one of those restaurants where the manger generally visits every table to make sure everything's peachy.
__________________
Search Branson Real Estate: CharlieGerken.com
kidfuture is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfuture View Post
I hit Lone Star Steakhouse in Branson often. Food's consistently good and the servers are always attentive. It's also one of those restaurants where the manger generally visits every table to make sure everything's peachy.
When I sent my steak back to be 'cooked' , the manager brought it back to our table. He assured me that it was fine ---- said he tasted it!
Then made a 2nd trip by our table and gave me a Yes, very attentitive!
shis1 is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #12
ggh
Super User
 
ggh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: 1 hour from Branson, SW Missouri
Posts: 12,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
When I sent my steak back to be 'cooked' , the manager brought it back to our table. He assured me that it was fine ---- said he tasted it!
Then made a 2nd trip by our table and gave me a Yes, very attentitive!
????????/said he tasted it!

That would be going a little far wouldn't it?
ggh is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
????????/said he tasted it!

That would be going a little far wouldn't it?
HE WAS TEASING ME! I could tell he was by the wink and tone of voice he used!
shis1 is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Japanese steak house charlotte39 Branson Dining 11 06-15-2009 11:29 PM
New STeak house in Hollister! tlhfirelion Branson Dining 9 04-29-2008 09:52 AM
Did Lone Star burn down today? SemperFly Just for Chit Chat 3 04-24-2007 08:00 PM
Sullivans Steak House SemperFly Branson Dining 11 12-19-2006 05:27 PM
Jim Owen Steak House nohona Branson Dining 19 04-03-2004 05:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 AM.


--