1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

Branson Daily news to go all local. GREAT, now we get local news 3 days later

It's bad enough that the BDN prints news that is already old news and charges .50 cents for their "paper towel" Now they are going to give us LESS, OLD news.
PLEASE, if anyone from BDN is reading this, strive to become a real newspaper that can justify .50 cents per copy

Branson Daily News Staff

Like many businesses across the country, the Branson Daily News is determined to weather the storm of economic uncertainty.

Our efforts in 2009 will present an opportunity to better serve our readers as Branson’s oldest newspaper takes an all-local approach, delivering news that is most important to our readers.(Better late than never huh?)

For more than 100 years, the Branson Daily News has strived to give its readers the best news and information around the Branson area. Starting Saturday, Jan. 10, the Branson Daily News will continue that tradition with all-local editions twice a week, rather than a mix of local and wire stories five days a week.

This move will also allow the newspaper’s staff to concentrate on community news and events.

“We will now focus all of our resources on the news that matters most to Branson area residents and visitors,” said Ted Delaney, president and publisher of the Branson Daily News. “This newspaper will continue its dedication to getting the news to its readers in a timely fashion.” (I think 2 or 3 days is a "timely fashion"...if we lived in the amazon rainforest)

The print editions will be available Wednesdays and Saturdays. But the Branson Daily News will not abandon news coverage the rest of the week.

Instead, we will concentrate on our online presence with daily updates at bransondailynews.com.

Government meetings and game stories for sports will also be available in a more time-friendly manner on the Internet.

“While we will have two print editions each week, our goal of providing timely local news will be achieved through our Web site,” Delaney said.

A discounted subscription rate will accompany the new Branson Daily News. The new annual rate will be $50 per year for residents. The six-month rate will be $30. (What about the news stand rate? Do they really expect us to pay .50 cents for old ONLY local news)

Customer feedback is vital, and anyone with a question or concern may call (417) 334-3161 or e-mail editor@bransondailynews.com.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I must admit that when I am in Branson I always search out the free newspaper.
It's Local and has all the latest Show discounts and news about attractions and ads for dining, etc.
I got out of the habit of buy other paper when the price in the machine went up to 75 cents....that the price of a USA Today!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

I'm "Ditto"ing what Mellie said ----- good to see you back Semperfly!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Make that a triple Ditto!!!!!! Glad to see you back! You have been missed!!!!!

Vickie
Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Yes!
You have been missed, SemperFly!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Countryman

The BDN

The Branson Newspaper is one of those "Try weeklys". They try weekly to put out a paper. What a poor excuse with a high price.

Face it folks, paper print newspaper and magazines are going the way of the dinosaur.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Bella

Local newspaper question

Do any of you know what is happening with the two independent newspapers in Branson? I think one of them was called the Tribune.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
TheOleSeagull
Administrator

The Branson Daily Independent publishes 3 days a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Do any of you know what is happening with the two independent newspapers in Branson? I think one of them was called the Tribune.
The Branson Daily Indpendent (BDI) is still publishing three times a week, most weeks, on Sun, Wed, and Fri. The Tri Lakes Tribune is publishing two days a week on Sunday and Wed.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Bella

Thanks, Seagull. Just curious about the status of the papers. I knew they were having a bit of competition among them. The Branson Daily News apparently is experiencing its own economic crunch.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
BaltimoreBoy
Im a'fixin to learn ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
It's bad enough that the BDN prints news that is already old news and charges .50 cents for their "paper towel" Now they are going to give us LESS, OLD news.
PLEASE, if anyone from BDN is reading this, strive to become a real newspaper that can justify .50 cents per copy
Stop whining and apply for the job of Editor at BDN.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

[QUOTE=BaltimoreBoy;414056]Stop whining and apply for the job of Editor at BDN.[/QUOTE

Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
LakeJunkie
All in this together...:)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks, Seagull. Just curious about the status of the papers. I knew they were having a bit of competition among them. The Branson Daily News apparently is experiencing its own economic crunch.
Not to overstate the obvious, but shouldn't they change the name?

Closed Thread