1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Thumbs up Whiskers Country Corner

Back in the day, (before the interstate highways and other limited access roads), when road maps were made out of paper, (and impossible to refold correctly) and were free for the taking at gas stations, secondary highways were designated in blue ink. Driving these "blue highways" anywhere south, you were likely to see little roadside establishments that sold handmade quilts, farm smoked hams, home made pickles and jams and other home craft or farm craft products.

Although our fast-paced internet driven lifestyle has made most of these places as extinct as the passenger pigeon, there is one establishment in the "wilds" of Branson that comes pretty close.

Whiskers Country Corner, located at 5054 Fall Creek Road, (just up the hill from 160, Gretna rd), is a destination that should not be missed.

The owner makes home made bakery goods, (the cinnamon raisin bread is as good as my home made), jams & jellies, (I have become particularly fond of her apple butter), pickles and relishes, both pork & chicken tamales, hand made pierogies, (for the uninitiated those are a kind of Eastern European ravioli/dumpling), boiled peanuts and fresh made pork rinds. All of this in a space just slightly larger than your average coat closet.

They are open year around, seven days a week, (if the "open" sign is lit... they're open). Given notice, the owner will do special orders.

Cell phone number is (417) 331-1208.
Store number is (417) 239-5944

This little gem should not be missed on any trip to Branson. Tell 'em torminder, (the big bearded guy), sent you

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 12-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the review....gonna try that place out next weekend.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

You can also get a haircut from a real, old fashoned barber, not a "hair stylist"! Least ways, you useta could.
I stop in quite often to get my boiled peanut fix!
Old 12-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
You can also get a haircut from a real, old fashoned barber, not a "hair stylist"! Least ways, you useta could.
I stop in quite often to get my boiled peanut fix!
Yup... that's in the next door store. If I didn't already go to Daves in Hollister I would go there to get my ears lowered.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread