1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Countrygirl

Need Help In Picking Shows and Other Attractions

My dh and myself are going to come for a 3 night weekend in April to get away for our anniversary. We want to see a few shows while we are in town and look and see what has changed since the summer of 04 when we last visited.
The following shows are ones we have never seen and we wanted to see some new things. Can anyone please give me some advice on them and if they are good ones to go and see. The ones that have websites I have looked up info but it is not the same as getting feedback from people who have seen the show.

50's Show (starlight theater)
#1 Hits of the 60's
Circle B Chuckwagon Dinner Show
Haygoods
Duttons
The Presleys

Also what about a few museums I have read a great deal about the Titanic one but i can seem to find the website, would like some pricing information.
Also what about the Veterns or American President Museum.

Any and all help is appreciated

thanks for your help

Last edited by Countrygirl; 02-02-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I haven't seen the 50s show at the Starlite, but plan to see in March, which isn't much help to you. We're planning to see #1 Hits of the 60s again this year -- I just thought it was a really fun show. I was born in 70, but still love the music from that era. The Duttons -- I just can't recommend them enough. We loved their show. Took my mom and dad to see it, and then my mom ended up taking my aunt and uncle to see it a few months later. Everyone loved it.

Have fun deciding!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
duhutch74

We have seen both Lost in the 50's and #1 Hits of the 60's and highly recommend both shows. We have not seen any of the other shows on your list but we are planning on seeing the Haygoods this year because we have heard nothing but good things about their show. Good luck with your planning and hope you have fun on your anniversary!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
slbtrout52
slbtrout52

Lost in the 50's, Duttons, Presleys and the Haygoods are all shows that I saw last year and they are all good. I my mind the Duttons is one of the top 2 all around shows in Branson. The Presleys is also very good and has quite a bit of country music in it; so if you like country you would like the Presleys. I saw both the Lost in the 50's and 50's at the Hop last year and I preferred Lost in the 50's. (however- as cast members change from year to year who knows what this year may be like). The Haygoods are also excellent. It's a musical family, like the Duttons, but mostly young guys and their younger sister. They are great musicians and they did songs from several decades. I have not seen the other shows you mentioned; but honestly, you can't go wrong with the Duttons, Presleys, Haygoods or Lost in the 50's if you like 50's music.

Last edited by slbtrout52; 02-03-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
JUST A THOUGHT

Fess Up Kyle

Now that you've given such a high recommend to a particular show, don't I recall a post that referenced you worked for the very people you described as "very professional?" At least you were nice enough to say "maybe check out my BROTHER'S show"
Old 02-03-2006, 07:49 AM   #6
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Dutton's, Presleys and Haygoods.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

WE HAVE SEEN LOST IN THE 50'S,THE DUTTONS,THE PRESLEYS, THE HAYGOODS.THEY ARE ALL VERY GOOD SHOWS.

WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE OTHER TWO SHOWS.WE PLAN TO SEE CIRCLE B CHUCKWAGON DINNER SHOW.

#1 HITS OF THE 60'S NOT SURE ABOUT IT.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
Countrygirl

Duttons are out

Thanks for all you help, but I just found out today when making reservations the weekend in April we are coming the Duttons will not be having a show.

So should we see Presleys or maybe the new Branson Bros show with Terry Sanders we never were able to see them when part of them were at Grand Country.

Thanks Shannon

PS Anyone know how much will cost to get into the Titianic museum if it is open.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Shannon, the admission price to the Titanic will be $18.90 for adults according to their website.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #10
FunnyBoneZ

Thumbs up Consider the 2 H's---Hokey or Hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrygirl
My dh and myself are going to come for a 3 night weekend in April to get away for our anniversary. We want to see a few shows while we are in town and look and see what has changed since the summer of 04 when we last visited.
The following shows are ones we have never seen and we wanted to see some new things. Can anyone please give me some advice on them and if they are good ones to go and see. The ones that have websites I have looked up info but it is not the same as getting feedback from people who have seen the show.

50's Show (starlight theater)
#1 Hits of the 60's
Circle B Chuckwagon Dinner Show
Haygoods
Duttons
The Presleys

Also what about a few museums I have read a great deal about the Titanic one but i can seem to find the website, would like some pricing information.
Also what about the Veterns or American President Museum.

Any and all help is appreciated

thanks for your help

I was in Branson last summer and the hippest show was Pierce Arrow.....dont miss it.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 AM   #11
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

OF the shows you mentioned I would have said haygoods and duttons. But since the duttons arent playing I would say haygoods and Presleys. Im always up for trying something new though and think Branson Bros. sounds like a great show.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #12
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

My two cents

I love the Horn Family at Circle B. The food is yummy, the harmony is tight and the humor is so perfect. I think you will love them too.

Also love the Haygood. Most high energy show in town. I would suggest that these shows be at the top of your list.

The only other show on your list I have seen is the Prestley's. They are really good and the comedy is great. I alwayse get raked on this board about the Prestley's, so just let me say I LIKE THE PRESTLEY'S. If I were only seeing a couple shows, they would not be at the top of my list, but that is just my openion. They have a great production and for many, a trip to Branson is not complete without them.

I also love the Presidential Museum and the Toy museum (not on your list).

I have full reviews of all the shows and museums above with pictures at: http://www.bransoncritic.org/Heath_Hawkins.htm

I hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Sorry, hhawkins, it's not The PRESTLEYS, it's PRESLEYS.
And they are great, but not too sure how the show will be with out one of my favorites of the show. I'm not going to name any names, hopefully Nick will post on here aobut the changes. I really enjoy the Duttons too.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #14
Countrygirl

A Big Thank You

Thank you to everyone who has given me some great ideals and advice for shows to see in April, we have found out we will have to cut our trip short and will only be in twon 2 nights/3 days instead of 3/4.

We have decided to see #1 Hitsf 60's and Clay Cooper and check out the Titianic Museum and see what other new things have happened since we were in town summer of 04.

If you have more suggestions please keep them coming I always love to hear new ideals.

Shannon
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyBoneZ
I was in Branson last summer and the hippest show was Pierce Arrow.....dont miss it.
If you saw it before, dont go again. They now have 6 guys and it sounds more like a mens choir now. Really Bad. Plus it is same old thing, same comedy, same jokes, same punchlines. Definately boring second or third time around.

Closed Thread