Super Ultra Member

Exclamation ***jimmy osmond taken ill***

This has apparently just happened whilst he was performing in England;

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46721950

Coach Man.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I just heard of this earlier today. Praying for a full and speedy recovery. This is an issue which several of his brothers have dealt with as well. And it was actually a stroke which took their mother’s life.

ETA: This is actually the second one Jimmy has had. He had his first while onstage here in Branson 15 years ago. Did the same thing - finished his show first.

Last edited by bransoncutie; 12-31-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

So sorry he has to go through this again. Please keep us informed about Jimmy Osmond and his treatment and recovery.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Update

Jimmy is doing well and will be fine. He is, however, facing “several months of self-care and recovery”.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

So sorry to hear this.

The Osmonds are icons in the Branson area, loved by many of us.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

ray ing:

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 01-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

They are much bigger legends STILL overseas, in the UK...I think they did at least a dozen concerts there in 2018...Of course, I am talking about the Osmond BROTHERS..What is left of them who still perform, and not Donnie and Marie...who are still headlining in Vegas at the Flamingo, and have been for many years, I think around 10 or so...
Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Jimmy is doing well and will be fine. He is, however, facing “several months of self-care and recovery”.
That sounds promising....no major damage, at least. I join my prayers with you all. I have enjoyed Jimmy’s Branson shows for many years.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
They are much bigger legends STILL overseas, in the UK...I think they did at least a dozen concerts there in 2018...Of course, I am talking about the Osmond BROTHERS..What is left of them who still perform, and not Donnie and Marie...who are still headlining in Vegas at the Flamingo, and have been for many years, I think around 10 or so...
You are correct on all accounts. Jimmy has enjoyed great success overseas - particularly in the UK. Same for any rendition of Osmond Brothers. Lately it has been Brothers Merrill & Jay Performing there together a lot, with great success. Donny can still sell out the big arenas over there. And Donny & Marie are still enjoying huge continued success in Vegas as well as on tour, both together and alone.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Any recent update on how a Jimmy Osmond is recovering?

I saw this on the Andy Williams Theatre website:

“Owner Jimmy Osmond has carried on Andy's legacy, and he continues to provide a wide variety of performers and shows at the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre. Osmond also performs at the theatre often.”
Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 AM   #10
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

The only thing I have heard at this point is that he has cancelled everything performance-wise until the Christmas Show here in Branson.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #11
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

OK, some background history on his health condition. In 2009 he had a stroke, at age 40. No prior serious health issues. The doctors were puzzled, and did a "bubble echocardiogram", in which they discovered he had a previously unknown hole in his heart, known as a "Patent Foramen Ovale", and a rather large one at that, described by the physicians as the "size of an english pound coin". At that time, they recommended emergency surgery, to prevent another stroke. He did that, and spent time in recovery, but came out just fine.

The doctors suspected his heart condition to be genetic (his mother had died of a massive stroke, and the doctors believed it was due to an undiagnosed PFO, or hole in her heart). So the entire family was tested, and some positive tests for PFO resulted. Three of his brothers (identities kept secret), two of his nephews, and his daughter were all found to have the same condition, holes in their hearts. They all had the emergency PFO closure surgery, except for his daughter, who was an infant, and the hole was very small, so the doctors advised to see if it would close as she grew older, which it thankfully did.

So, that's the history of Jimmy Osmonds stroke/heart condition....what brought this current stroke on has not been disclosed publically, if known, as the first emergency PFO operations was undertaken to prevent a second stroke. He has taken Lipitor since his first stroke.

However, he does have a family history of heart disease, as his father had a massive heart attack (and quadruple bypass surgery) in his late 50's, and subsequently had 4 pacemakers inserted over the years after. Jimmy has stated that he must always watch his weight and keep it off, which he sometimes does not manage as good as he should. (I was on stage with him over the Thanksgiving season for about 10 minutes at the Andy Williams PAC, and did think to myself, dude, just like me, you have packed on a few pounds since I saw you last!).

So was weight/diet a contributing factor in this last stroke? Just speculation at the present time. But I do think the stated "several months of self care" is a clue that yes, a restricted diet and fitness program by Jimmy is going to be undertaken.

At current time, his siblings Donnie and Marie are publicly asking "for prayers" for their "little brother". And that's about all I have been able to ascertain, at the present time. I was in Vegas a few days ago on business, and wanted to drop by the Flamingo and catch the D/M show (especially after last week when I heard Marie say both her and Donnie might retire from Vegas after this year) and talk to them afterwards, but just didn't have time. So, just like everyone else, I am hoping for the best recovery Jimmy can make.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #12
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
OK, some background history on his health condition. In 2009 he had a stroke, at age 40. No prior serious health issues. The doctors were puzzled, and did a "bubble echocardiogram", in which they discovered he had a previously unknown hole in his heart, known as a "Patent Foramen Ovale", and a rather large one at that, described by the physicians as the "size of an english pound coin". At that time, they recommended emergency surgery, to prevent another stroke. He did that, and spent time in recovery, but came out just fine.

The doctors suspected his heart condition to be genetic (his mother had died of a massive stroke, and the doctors believed it was due to an undiagnosed PFO, or hole in her heart). So the entire family was tested, and some positive tests for PFO resulted. Three of his brothers (identities kept secret), two of his nephews, and his daughter were all found to have the same condition, holes in their hearts. They all had the emergency PFO closure surgery, except for his daughter, who was an infant, and the hole was very small, so the doctors advised to see if it would close as she grew older, which it thankfully did.

So, that's the history of Jimmy Osmonds stroke/heart condition....what brought this current stroke on has not been disclosed publically, if known, as the first emergency PFO operations was undertaken to prevent a second stroke. He has taken Lipitor since his first stroke.

However, he does have a family history of heart disease, as his father had a massive heart attack (and quadruple bypass surgery) in his late 50's, and subsequently had 4 pacemakers inserted over the years after. Jimmy has stated that he must always watch his weight and keep it off, which he sometimes does not manage as good as he should. (I was on stage with him over the Thanksgiving season for about 10 minutes at the Andy Williams PAC, and did think to myself, dude, just like me, you have packed on a few pounds since I saw you last!).

So was weight/diet a contributing factor in this last stroke? Just speculation at the present time. But I do think the stated "several months of self care" is a clue that yes, a restricted diet and fitness program by Jimmy is going to be undertaken.

At current time, his siblings Donnie and Marie are publicly asking "for prayers" for their "little brother". And that's about all I have been able to ascertain, at the present time. I was in Vegas a few days ago on business, and wanted to drop by the Flamingo and catch the D/M show (especially after last week when I heard Marie say both her and Donnie might retire from Vegas after this year) and talk to them afterwards, but just didn't have time. So, just like everyone else, I am hoping for the best recovery Jimmy can make.
I don’t think it helped matters that he stayed onstage to finish the show before he sought medical attention. I have found it quite disconcerting, to be honest, that there have been no public statements from his family other than asking for prayers. A mutual friend spoke with one of his siblings recently and they said that he hasn’t been communicating with the siblings either. So really hard to know what to bunk. I’ve even had theatre employees asking me what I know.

Closed Thread