1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
LivingInBranson
Member
 
LivingInBranson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 85
Donuts...

I heard this morning that there is a new donut store going in the old Dunkin Donuts shop. The family that is opening it is out of Joplin and they own Bennett's Paradise Donuts there. They sold me when they said that they will offer a red velvet donut with cream cheese icing. Sounds fabulous to me!
LivingInBranson is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL
 
SHOW GAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LENEXA, KANSAS AND BRANSON, MISSOURI
Posts: 32,327
Sounds like a tasty donut to me, although I am not much of a donut eater.

The only time I like a donut is when it is hot, thus I like Krispy Kreme. I don't think the quality of their donuts is any better than other donut places, but, in my opinion, serving them warm is the determining factor in me selecting their place as opposed to other places that do not serve them warm.

Good luck to the new donut place. Competition is a good thing.
__________________

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
engel
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,755
Question

When did Dunkin Donuts go out?
engel is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member
 
bransoncutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Branson, MO
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by engel View Post
When did Dunkin Donuts go out?
They retired at the end of last season.
bransoncutie is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
kstater1997
Ultra Member
 
kstater1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Sounds like a tasty donut to me, although I am not much of a donut eater.

The only time I like a donut is when it is hot, thus I like Krispy Kreme. I don't think the quality of their donuts is any better than other donut places, but, in my opinion, serving them warm is the determining factor in me selecting their place as opposed to other places that do not serve them warm.

Good luck to the new donut place. Competition is a good thing.
Lamar's is far and above better than Krispy Kreme.

James
kstater1997 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL
 
SHOW GAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LENEXA, KANSAS AND BRANSON, MISSOURI
Posts: 32,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
Lamar's is far and above better than Krispy Kreme.

James
Oh yeah,

Lamar's is great. They are the only donuts that, in my opinion, taste good cold. Other donuts have to be warm for me to enjoy them. Wish there was a Lamar's in Branson.
__________________

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,780
Mmm... doughnuts. I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em (although Krispy Kreme is not my favorite.)
teacherkim is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Oh yeah,

Lamar's is great. They are the only donuts that, in my opinion, taste good cold. Other donuts have to be warm for me to enjoy them. Wish there was a Lamar's in Branson.
If all works out well, I'm going to enjoy some donuts from the Lamars in Springfield tomorrow morning.
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member
 
julieeileen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherkim View Post
Mmm... doughnuts. I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em (although Krispy Kreme is not my favorite.)
I'm with you Kim. A doughnut is a good doughnut!
julieeileen is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL
 
SHOW GAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LENEXA, KANSAS AND BRANSON, MISSOURI
Posts: 32,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
If all works out well, I'm going to enjoy some donuts from the Lamars in Springfield tomorrow morning.
Lucky you.

Have a glazed twist for me please.

ENJOY
__________________

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member
 
MelanieHamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ... just down the road, a bit
Posts: 5,976
I want you all to know that I've had the flu for the past three days. I haven't eaten hardly anything, and I started reading this thread and I had this severe craving for Casey's Donuts. But, the cravings weren't strong enough that I could make myself get dressed and drive to Casey's...so I just suffered.

DH worked 16-hours yesterday, so he was no help.
__________________
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things, before breakfast.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
MelanieHamilton is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #12
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,780
Melanie, I was sick Monday and all I wanted was doughnuts... don't know why being sick makes me crave them. I have a teenage son who drives, so I was lucky enough to get them when he got done with school. I feel for you!
teacherkim is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #13
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member
 
MelanieHamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ... just down the road, a bit
Posts: 5,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherkim View Post
Melanie, I was sick Monday and all I wanted was doughnuts... don't know why being sick makes me crave them. I have a teenage son who drives, so I was lucky enough to get them when he got done with school. I feel for you!
LOL...the only things I've wanted the past 3-days:
  • Donuts
  • Taco Bell Crunchy Taco Supreme
  • Ice Cream
__________________
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things, before breakfast.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
MelanieHamilton is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
ggh
Super User
 
ggh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: 1 hour from Branson, SW Missouri
Posts: 12,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
If all works out well, I'm going to enjoy some donuts from the Lamars in Springfield tomorrow morning.
I am interested to know if you found Lamars - the only Lamars I'm aware of in Springfield, on S Campbell is now Rays Donuts. I've eaten their donuts, and they're good, but it's not a Lamars now. Maybe there is another one in town?
ggh is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I am interested to know if you found Lamars - the only Lamars I'm aware of in Springfield, on S Campbell is now Rays Donuts. I've eaten their donuts, and they're good, but it's not a Lamars now. Maybe there is another one in town?
Haven't made it there yet (leaving soon) but the last time we were there in February, the Lamars sign was still up (S. Campbell location) but the name on the box was different (don't remember the name). Will report back later today.
biscuitcreek is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunkin Donuts DalmatianDad Just for Chit Chat 14 12-15-2010 09:13 AM
Best Location For Donuts QueenAngie Branson Dining 14 08-04-2009 04:25 PM
Dunkin Donuts STLmomof3 Branson Dining 15 07-03-2008 12:10 PM
Dunkin Donuts ThunderHockeyFan Branson Dining 11 04-20-2007 08:19 PM
Lamar's donuts Grands Just for Chit Chat 2 11-03-2002 05:32 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.


--