1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > 1Branson.com Welcome & Board How-to's

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
LolaAngell

Smile Will be visiting in September

Hi, my husband and I plan to visit Branson in September. Not knowing exactly when I am not interested in booking hotel or shows at this time. (We spent several days there on our honeymoon in 2012. We were campers then and had a lovely time.) We have sold the camper and will be looking for a hotel this time. Any suggestions would be welcomed. We would like to have one that serves breakfast, has a hot tub (whirlpool) and a relaxing area outside to crash in. Hubby is 88, I am 86. Both fairly active. I have checked out The Savannah House it looks pretty nice and is in our price range. The site I checked did not have any reviews on it though. Looking forward to my third visit to Branson. Thanks
Old 07-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Savannah House is a good hotel. Pool is a little small but probably not that big of an issue. Their breakfast is good including pastries, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels, etc. The beds are adequate and we've not had complaints the times we stayed there.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:38 PM   #3
OkieAnon

Lola, first off welcome to the 1b forum, we've went awhile without any new posters due to some techy things, so it's really great to see a new poster pop up.

You know I am surprised by how many hotels don't have hot tubs. We've been staying in the same place for years (Hotel Grand Victorian) and thought we might like something different and finding a lot of them don't have the hot tub.

there is a thread up in the lodging section about Ozark Valley they have a hot tub and would probably be similar in price to the Savannah, the Quality Inns, the Comfort Inns all have hot tubs but the price starts going up a little. Think I saw the Angel Ins (there are 2 or 3 of them) had hot tubs and price wasn't bad.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
k-2
Ultra Member

Don't know when you are coming in September, but I think lots of motels close down outdoor pools after Labor Day. Might want to focus on places with indoor pools and hot tubs. I would not recommend Angel Inn, even though they have an indoor pool and hot tub. In my opinion, they are very run down.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #5
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Possibly Comfort Inn & Suites on Gretna, I believe. We rent condos now so it's been 10 years since we stayed there but it was very nice.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
k-2
Ultra Member

Comfort Inn on Gretna and on Thousand Hills are both nice and offer indoor pools and hot tubs. Both have an area outside the pool for lounging.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Welcome to the message board! Stone Castle Hotel and Conference Center on Green Mountain Drive is very nice. We have stayed there twice and have enjoyed it. Two out of the three buildings have indoor pools and hot tubs. The breakfast buffet is great, with hot food such as scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, pancakes, and bacon, and other breakfast foods. Stone Castle has indoor corridors and lots of parking. There is a nice outside sitting area off the breakfast buffet room.

Here is a link to Stone Castle's website: https://bransonstonecastle.com/

Closed Thread