1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
ggh
Super User

Yippee!

Dh just called from work, and when he gets off he wants to go to Branson........not sure what we're going to do, or where we're going to eat, but I'm glad I get to spend time with him, and will be happy to do so in Branson!

Last edited by ggh; 11-07-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Lucky you. Have fun.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Enjoying the day with your hubby and doing so in Branson sounds like a perfect day for you!! Have fun!!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
Lucky you. Have fun.
We won't be staying overnight, but instead just driving down, playing a bit, and coming home. We HAVE to get to church tomorrow - my work schedule has had me away for FAR too long!

When we were in Branson, a couple weekends ago, for the weekend, we ate some cobbler and thought about you KJN.

I envy those who can take 2-3 weeks and vacation in Branson, we've never been able to do that - but we take every opportunity we can to spend a few hours there.

I'm trying to decide - Cantina Laredo or Dobbyns ???????? Been wanting a ham and cheese sandwich on pretzel roll for weeks, but it's not on the dinner menu. What to do, what to do????
Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Hurrah for you.

What a lovely way to spend a day. Know that really made your Saturday.

My vote would be for Dobbyns, but both are very good.

Have a wonderful day.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
ourocks4ever40
Super Ultra Member

Have a good time
Old 11-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

WONDERFUL, I KNOW YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD TIME!
How nice to live so close & spend a day browsing Branson!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
We won't be staying overnight, but instead just driving down, playing a bit, and coming home. We HAVE to get to church tomorrow - my work schedule has had me away for FAR too long!

When we were in Branson, a couple weekends ago, for the weekend, we ate some cobbler and thought about you KJN.

I envy those who can take 2-3 weeks and vacation in Branson, we've never been able to do that - but we take every opportunity we can to spend a few hours there.

I'm trying to decide - Cantina Laredo or Dobbyns ???????? Been wanting a ham and cheese sandwich on pretzel roll for weeks, but it's not on the dinner menu. What to do, what to do????
I had a Ham and Cheese sandwich on pretzel roll a week or two ago. MMMMMM. Enjoy whichever you decide on....they are both on my favorites list!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

YEA for you ggh!!! How fun it must be to live so close that you can just take off over to Branson for a day or an evening!
Have a wonderful Branson outing!!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
KJN
Super Ultra Member

ggh, you envy those who go for two weeks. I envy those who can go more often, even just for a day or so. When I have to wait a whole year to get back to my favorite place, it's far far too long. It would also be nice to get there at other times than summer when it's hot. Someday when I'm retired and don't work at a school I would love to go in Sept. or Oct.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
shis1
Str8fn

US too! Got up this morning and were discussing where we wanted to 'go' ??? Christmas shopping was our main intent for the day. After some discussion, and no decision, dh said: "Well, it's early.....want to drive to Branson????? Didn't take me long to answer 'yes'.! We got to Branson around 1:30 pm (we have a bit farther to drive to get there than you do, ggh!) Shopped at Red Roof Mall, then Vanity Fair and then Tanger. (I had some good coupons to use at Tanger! and we purchased some pricey items, so saved quite a bit! ) Mid afternoon lunch at Danna's. The weather was beautiful......hard to accept that today was the opening of Ozark Christmas when we saw so many people out and about in shorts and capris! As we were heading home tonight, dh said: "This is the last 1 day trip to Branson for us this year.....next trip we are going to stay for 3 - 4 nights!" Yippee!!!!!!!

Guess I'll have to admit that I'm selfish......I love these 1 day, spur of the moment trips, but I also love it when we go and get to stay a week or longer!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

Oh how lucky you are that you can do that on the spur of the moment. Last week my dh said to me let's take off right now and go to Branson. Of course he was joking because of the distance but if I didn't have to go to work, I know I would have said OK, let's go.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Well ggh,

How was your trip to Branson. Hope you got to do some fun things and eat some good food. You know we are waiting on details of your trip.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Well ggh,

How was your trip to Branson. Hope you got to do some fun things and eat some good food. You know we are waiting on details of your trip.
We realized before we left town, that the Veterans parade was yesterday, along with the opening of Christmas at SDC.........and we decided to spend our evening in Spfld instead. Went to Bass Pro, Sam's, had dinner at Nakato, bought a new charcoal grill, a couple of little Christmas gifts - and were home, relaxing early in the evening.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
We realized before we left town, that the Veterans parade was yesterday, along with the opening of Christmas at SDC.........and we decided to spend our evening in Spfld instead. Went to Bass Pro, Sam's, had dinner at Nakato, bought a new charcoal grill, a couple of little Christmas gifts - and were home, relaxing early in the evening.
Well you still had a grand day.

You had a nice meal, got a new grill and spent the day together. I would call that a very nice Saturday--and you didn't have to fight the crowds.

Closed Thread