1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
jstlocal

Hiking Trails

Anyone have a favorite hiking trail in the Branson area? Something somewhat challenging.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
ozarksportsgal

There are a couple in the (I think it is called) Lakeside Wilderness Area. You turn off of 76 and down the street that runs beside Dick Clark's. There is a parking area to the left.

Henning overlook has some trails. There is a very nice, paved one takes you to a lookout tower. It is nice and shaded. Great views of Branson from that tower too.

The other begins at the observation deck. From my memory that one is not paved and isn't shaded very much.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

I believe there are some in the area of the fish hatchery as well. I'd ask inside the building. I think there are even some trail maps.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

I agree with Lakeside Wilderness Trail. It's got some awesome stairs. It runs along Taneycomo.

There are also trails at Busiek, north of Branson on 65.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Barefoot Eddie

The Missouri Conservation Dept. is constructing several miles of new trails just south of Table Rock Dam - set to open next spring. These should be a little more challenging with lots of terrain changes. 8-10 miles as I recall. Will be a great addition to the current trails offerings.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
jstlocal

Is that the mountain bike trails they are making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Eddie View Post
The Missouri Conservation Dept. is constructing several miles of new trails just south of Table Rock Dam - set to open next spring. These should be a little more challenging with lots of terrain changes. 8-10 miles as I recall. Will be a great addition to the current trails offerings.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Wife just came in from a morning's worth of hiking out at Branson Creek and she just can't stop talking about how neat it was. Neither of us even knew the area existed. She said there were caves and mines and such. Sounds like a neat place to go.

Here's a map of the trails in that area, along with some info regarding some of the points of interest, such as the township of Melva that was allegedly destroyed by a tornado in 1920. It looks like this might be worth checking out.

I thought it best to revisit this thread rather than starting a new one. I hope our visitors find this useful.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Wife just came in from a morning's worth of hiking out at Branson Creek and she just can't stop talking about how neat it was. Neither of us even knew the area existed. She said there were caves and mines and such. Sounds like a neat place to go.

Here's a map of the trails in that area, along with some info regarding some of the points of interest, such as the township of Melva that was allegedly destroyed by a tornado in 1920. It looks like this might be worth checking out.

I thought it best to revisit this thread rather than starting a new one. I hope our visitors find this useful.
Thank you SO MUCH for that info! If it ever stops raining and the mud dries out, I'm ready to start hiking, again.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieHamilton View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for that info! If it ever stops raining and the mud dries out, I'm ready to start hiking, again.
You're welcome. By the way, she did say there was a spot or two that was muddy, but mostly avoidable. Also, the creek was high. But they were still able to cross it. So, even given the recent rainfall, the trails are as willing as you are.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
You're welcome. By the way, she did say there was a spot or two that was muddy, but mostly avoidable. Also, the creek was high. But they were still able to cross it. So, even given the recent rainfall, the trails are as willing as you are.
Awesome...thanks, again!

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
ggh
Super User

Quote:

Thank you for posting about this BransonFramer!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Just another note to our visitors who may not know the history of our area. If you have ever been to Silver Dollar City and taken the train ride and gotten robbed by Alfie and Ralphie Bolen, (I've been robbed more than once, you think I'd learn ) one of these caves was supposedly used as a hideout for Alf and his gang. Maybe while out hiking you might come across his lost treasure! Happy reading!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
Brokate
Brokate Janitorial

Thanks for the tip about Branson Creek, I never knew they had all those trails and will be sure to check them out.

We have gone a few times recently on the trail behind Dick Clark's and enjoy the lake view and STEEP hike back up all those steps. It doesn't take very long but is a good mix of Cardio and scenic beauty right in the heart of Branson.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #14
kaysthriftstore

Henning is my personal favorite, although I think challenging is in the eye of the beholder.

Closed Thread