1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 08-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Aquarium at the Boardwalk has announced a mid-October opening date.

https://bransontrilakesnews.com/news...6da2ac91d.html

The Mermaid Palace:

This area will be filled with fantasy and fun, including a photo op where guests can be a mermaid or merman and have the opportunity to meet a real live mermaid. The featured exhibit is said to contain a beautiful mermaid sculpture with schooling fish.

–The Grand Aquarium:

This is the largest single water exhibit in the attraction. It will responsibly house more than 200 species of ocean animals, including sharks, rays, seahorses, angelfish, wrasse and tangs.

–Shipwreck Cove:

Here, guests will get up-close views of lobsters, crabs, eels and octopi. The Sheep Crab Pilothouse will include a special kids-only crawl-through space where young guests will get to explore a passage in a sunken ship and get unique views of crabs and fish from cooler waters.

–The Deaeration Tower:

This tower helps oxygenate the water and manage the levels of gases to replicate the natural environment of the animals and keep them healthy.

Visit aquariumattheboardwalk.com for information.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the information. We have been wondering about it. We come in Sept and was hoping it would be done. Guess we will have to wait til next year
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The Mermaid Palace:

This area will be filled with fantasy and fun, including a photo op where guests can be a mermaid or merman and have the opportunity to meet a real live mermaid. The featured exhibit is said to contain a beautiful mermaid sculpture with schooling fish.
A bar adjacent to the fountain with mermaid bar tenders would be good!
Old 09-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Used to be a fantastic Sunday Seafood Buffet Brunch in Springdale Arkansas, had a live mermaid all decked out in full, um..yeah..."full" costume, who would lay across the beginning of the buffet line upon entrance, her abode meant to resemble the seabed. I kid you not! Went there several times with my now ex father-in law...he loved the food. Me, being about 22 or 23, I enjoyed viewing and talking to the live "decoration"...Thinking back on it now, kinda a peculiar business idea...but musta worked, as the place was always packed. It worked there for quite some time, no reason it wouldn't be a hit here either.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #5
OkieAnon

Just my opinion but looking at outside it will be a huge achievement if they open anytime soon. The place is a mess on the outside.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Just my opinion but looking at outside it will be a huge achievement if they open anytime soon. The place is a mess on the outside.
^^^ couldnt agree more.! what a mess. Drove by a couple of times this weekend..

NO way in 30 days..

Havent even started on the God awful oversized Octopus that they need the extra property for next to 76..
Old 10-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Opening has been pushed back into November. The eastbound lane of the strip will be closed 10/5 -- 11/24 for construction of the octopus at the aquarium. Traffic will be diverted into middle lane so be careful driving through the area.

You can read more about it in the e-edition of the Branson Tri-Lakes.

https://bransontrilakesnews.com/eedi...406536ecd.html
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Opening has been pushed back into November. The eastbound lane of the strip will be closed 10/5 -- 11/24 for construction of the octopus at the aquarium. Traffic will be diverted into middle lane so be careful driving through the area.

You can read more about it in the e-edition of the Branson Tri-Lakes.

https://bransontrilakesnews.com/eedi...406536ecd.html
^^
No surprise about the delay... LOL,

And they are closing Eastbound Lane during the Christmas Season?

SMH. That wont cause any problems...
Old 10-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #9
Airforce Dad

Crabs

–Shipwreck Cove:

Here, guests will get up-close views of lobsters, crabs, eels and octopi.
I don't need a up-close view of a crab. I've seen my mother-in-law plenty of times.😖🤣
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

In case there are those who are currently out of town and curious as to the progression of this attraction, there has been a lot accomplished. The entire huge (leftover) front of the former Grand Palace is sealed and has been painted and large letters have been installed, and are (it appears) illuminated (?) when I drove by yesterday evening. The colors of this wall/letters are beautiful. The majority of the smaller, new building where the octopus lies over is now painted.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #11
Airforce Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
In case there are those who are currently out of town and curious as to the progression of this attraction, there has been a lot accomplished. The entire huge (leftover) front of the former Grand Palace is sealed and has been painted and large letters have been installed, and are (it appears) illuminated (?) when I drove by yesterday evening. The colors of this wall/letters are beautiful. The majority of the smaller, new building where the octopus lies over is now painted.
Cool, thanks for the update.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #12
otterchaos

The website says they're OPEN!!!

-I have just recently realized that the aquarium is not in the big theater building, but in a small newly-built building out in front. *sad* I guess I thought it was ALL aquarium... What are they going to put in the theater???
otterchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #13
Airforce Dad

Aquarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterchaos View Post
The website says they're OPEN!!!

-I have just recently realized that the aquarium is not in the big theater building, but in a small newly-built building out in front. *sad* I guess I thought it was ALL aquarium... What are they going to put in the theater???
Say it ain't so. Might as well just go to Bass Pro if it's just a small building.😰