1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
jondeerelady

SDC opening day

We plan on going this Saturday for opening day...any advice?....show must see or food must haves? Has any one ever been on opening day? What should we expect as far as crowds? TIA
Old 10-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Show~A DICKENS’ CHRISTMAS CAROL in the Opry House
Also IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE in the Red Gold Barn
The Sing Along Train is always fun.
Be sure to stay late enough for the Tree lighting in the Town Square, and the Rudolf parade to follow.
Food~ Don know if there is any "special" food choices for tye Christmas season. Other than maybe hot chocolate, Wassail, and the make your own S'Mores. But lots of good eats to be found throughout the park.
One treat we always have is the Cinnamon Bread at Sullivan's Mill. Get it warm, and enjoy it right there.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Don't miss the Nativity in the Riverfront Playhouse!

My biggest don't miss is always the Hot Chocolate with "the works"! Yum!!

I understand the big tree up in the Square is newer and bigger this year. The Lighting will be hosted every night by Allen Asbury, who is the featured vocalist at the Echo Hollow show during the summer, is part of the cast of Oh Happy Day, has had some chart-topping recordings in the Christian music genre, and happens to be a good friend and my worship pastor.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:39 AM   #4
justgohogs

I look forward to the hot apple dumplings with cinnamon ice cream! And, be sure to check out the Walking Tacos!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yep, their Hot Apple Dumplings topped with cinnamon ice cream is a seasonal favorite of mine also! And yes, the warm cinnamon bread is even better on a cold fall day/night...anymore, I have been bringing a bottle of the soft squeezable butter with me....to pour all over each slice/torn off piece of that bread...makes it even better! Also noticed this year, where in years past the cinnamon bread was kinda a "secret" amongst many of us, since it was difficult for most people to find...but now there is a big sign in Town Square pointing directly to Sullivans Mill...
Old 10-31-2019, 10:35 AM   #6
jondeerelady

Thanks for all the replies! How about the crowd..any idea? Will parking later in the day be an issue?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondeerelady View Post
Thanks for all the replies! How about the crowd..any idea? Will parking later in the day be an issue?
If Pumpkin Nights is any indication, yes!
They had several times on weekends that all the parking lots were full. 18,000 to 24,000 people was common.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #8
justgohogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondeerelady View Post
your best bet to speed up the process of getting in and getting parked is to approach from Branson West, especially later in the day

Closed Thread