1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Old 05-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
justcallmeriss

Have you stayed at Clifs Lodge at the Falls?

I can't find much about them other than they're in the process of a remodel and their prices are great. I don't want a "you get what you pay for" kind of place. So, has anyone stayed there since the remodel? Avoid or try?
We're on a very tight, wafer thin budget. I've been saving pennies for this trip.

Any ideas on free or CHEAP (Less than $10 each) things to do?

We'll go to the Fish Hatchery and walking around near the Tablerock dam. (My 7 y/o loves rocks. He'll be happy with that.) We also plan on going to the ancient history museum. I wouldn't mind the C of O museum but I'm not sure we have the attention span for more than one museum.
justcallmeriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not sure if it's the same place, don't recognise the "Clifs" part.
But Lodge at the Falls has been our goto place for last minute trips to Branson. It has always been clean, with excellent, courteous service.
However, there has been some things going on that are a bit mysterious. First, I always booked through Bookings.com. But they have disappeared from that sight. Also, I was n Branson a few weeks ago, and drove by to see what was going on. It was about 8:00PM, and the front office was closed, and dark. I saw only a couple cars in the parking lot, and they were way in back. Some of the rooms had the doors open.
I called the listed number several times with no response. Last week I tried again, and did git an answer. The person seemed a bit surprised when I asked if they were open. She said yes, and when I told her what I saw a couple weeks ago she just said they have been doing some remodeling. She also releaved another of my fears. I asked if they were going to extended stay, and she said absolutely not.
Just curious, if this is the same place, where did you get the "Clifs". I know the last time I stayed there, back in December, the desk clerk told me they were no longer part of Wyndom. So maybe whoever Clif is he put his name on the property now.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
justcallmeriss

I went down a Google rabbit hole, clicking different hotels to see their website. I can't remember but I think I might have done a search on booking.com or hotels.com (heck, could have been trivago, Expedia or Priceline. I've been on all of them!) and saw them listed as Clifs. It's all caps, one f, and no apostrophe.
justcallmeriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:23 AM   #4
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

If you want to spend money on gas rather than admission fees, I'd suggest driving to Bentonville, Arkansas and going to the Walmart Museum; it's free. Also, while you're in that general area, you could stop at War Eagle Mill in Rogers.
LynndaofNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
Diane1611
Missing Branson

If you enjoy the great outdoors, there are many hiking trails in Branson.

Kids under 12 are free at the shows at the Hamners' Variety Theater. Groupon is running a deal for Hamners' Unbelievable Variety Show for $20.00/ticket. We have seen this show and your son would really enjoy it, especially the birds.

If I think of any more ideas for low price fun in Branson, I'll post them.
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
TTiiMM

Keep in mind that several attractions in Branson are offering free kids admission in May. SDC, Titanic, Ripley's, and more. The only caveat is that tickets must be purchased in advance.

https://www.kidsfreebranson.com/
TTiiMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Fosters museum at C o f O, is great, VERY interesting, lots of different thing to look at..

Dewey Center at the south end of TR dam, is nice and no charge..

Walking trails and nature walks on 165, near the state park area. lot sof trees and nature to look at, nice walking path..

Dont forget for reasonable room rates , call Andrea at Ozark Valley Inn, we as members of 1Branson get a discount rate there 417-336-4666